Moser & staff gets raises from BOR

Actually, we missed the postseason in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - but that was with two different head coaches.

Let's say it was a $100,000 raise. To put it in perspective, Billy Tubbs got a $25,000 bonus after leading OU to the title game in 1988.

That $25k would be $66k today, but your point is valid. Coaches' salaries have skyrocketed over the past decade or more, to the detriment of collegiate sports, in my view.

That $25k would be $66k today, but your point is valid. Coaches' salaries have skyrocketed over the past decade or more, to the detriment of collegiate sports, in my view.

The only good thing money provided is the access to sports (tv, streams, etc.) pretty much everything else has worsened.

Actually, we missed the postseason in 2010, 2011 and 2012 - but that was with two different head coaches.

Let's say it was a $100,000 raise. To put it in perspective, Billy Tubbs got a $25,000 bonus after leading OU to the title game in 1988.
ok, but point still stands...

directly correlated to TV rights skyrocketing ..
Right, and it's all a problem in my view. College sports would have been much better off if they hadn't skyrocketed so much.

It's funny (not so funny, actually): All that money pouring in and it hasn't made attending games any cheaper for fans. Quite the opposite. The mad facilities race, the crazy salaries paid to coaches, now NIL. None of it's made the games more enjoyable. They were just as fun to watch in the 1970s and we didn't spend half our time as fans talking about money and where it was going and who was getting it.

The only improvement, in my view, in the past 50 years has been that it's easier--indeed, possible--for fans to watch games no matter where they are. As a Sooner fan who's been living 1,400 miles from Norman since 1982, I'm very grateful for that. But none of the rest of it has made a positive difference, from where I sit. They take in more money but they just look for new ways to spend it without ever giving the local fans a break.

Back