most inaccurate shot in history

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Bird's wide open shot from the top of the key where he aimed at (watch the tape) and shot at something right of the backboard is possibly the most inaccurate shot I have ever seen. It was an air ball, but I'm not really sure you can put it in that category. He literally shot at something right of the backboard and missed everything. If he had shot the ball at the rim, it definately went far enough to make the backboard.

I don't think I've ever seen a kid more bewildered and completely unable to think under pressure. Oh well, freshman become sophomores. He will be alright.

Why would anybody start a thread like this? Ridiculous thread.

Not really trying to get on Pledger -- just commenting on one of the weirdest things I have ever seen in a basketball game. I like Pledger as a player and think he will develop, but he is really struggling right now.

I simply can't think of another instance where I have seen a kid shoot in an entire different direction than the direction of the goal. It is sort of like running the wrong way on the football field. I just think it was funny.

I guess you missed Bookout with 2-3 airballs from 3 feet away on a regular basis.

Unfortunately, I didn't miss those. Collectively, Taj and Book must have missed a world's record number of crib shots. This said, I appreciated both of them as players and loved their effort and team attitude. Both were great sooners.

Speaking of missed crib shots, Ryan missed 3 and Tiny missed one in the A&M game. Really miss the thunder dunks of Blake.

Unfortunately, I didn't miss those. Collectively, Taj and Book must have missed a world's record number of crib shots.

Wasn't that the strangest thing how those 2 guys could blow bunny after bunny? And I'm talking zero rim lots of the time. Must have been Sampsons lid on the basket drill. lol They got too used to it.

We have seen that for years. Not until Blake, and to a lesser extent Taylor, have we seen the demonstrative dunks that make you say," that's how you finish". Now, we get to see a 6' 9" kid that can't dunk it unless he is running. I was so impressed with Ryan the other day when he finished like that. Do you remember how many shots Aaron McGee got blocked at the rim as a Jr? That was embarrassing.

Wasn't that the strangest thing how those 2 guys could blow bunny after bunny? And I'm talking zero rim lots of the time. Must have been Sampsons lid on the basket drill. lol They got too used to it.
There aren't very many coach's that don't run a version of the bubble drill. And those teams can't guard or rebound.

Back