My opinion of OU's recruiting strategy these next few months

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I'm going to preface this by stating that this is my opinion based on what I saw today. I would like for Henzo to chime in because he is in the know.

My interpretation of what the staff was trying to do today was basically determine offers on a couple of kids, get in on some kids to get them to make a official, and to gain a commit. I felt that the staff really wants Clark to commit soon. I think they feel it would help their overall outlook in recruiting these next few months. i think they feel TJ is to Clark as TMG was to Tiny. TJ is being used as an unofficial assistant coach. He already has an official set up for OU and I wouldn't be suprised if it's on a date that Lamb or Releford comes in. They would love to have the Clark commit and have him come in for an official with another potential recruit. The in home visit that they have scheduled for a few kids may lead to football weekend official visits that Clark could potentially help.

Clark not committing would be troublesome because UK is trying to get him in on Midnight Madness. With Cobbins, OU is trying to get an official. I don't know if they'll be successful and wouldn't be suprised if he started winding his recruitment down. With Johnson, he's I don't feel he's going to play games. I think he's going to take these unofficials and determine where he's going off of that. I think today is the determining factor if Goff gets an offer or not. If so, he commits. I have a similar feeling about Scott as well. I think that if OU were to bring Lamb in before Olukemi and the feeling on Lamb was of positive, Olukemi may get his offer rescended. Especially if Clark was committed. I still don't see Clark and Lamb signing to the same school. I think we'll see a commit real soon. Whether it's Scott, Clark, or Goff is to be determined.

So we are going after Lamb, Clark, and Johnson with Scott, Olukemi and Goff as backup plans and Relaford somewhere in the middle? That sound about right?

So we are going after Lamb, Clark, and Johnson with Scott, Olukemi and Goff as backup plans and Relaford somewhere in the middle? That sound about right?

i don't know if I would characterize Olukemi or Releford as a backup plan because they have standing offers. I'm not clear on if Goff has an offer. I don't know if he gets one after this weekend? It doesn't make sense to me to bring him in and not offer? Scott to me is an intriguing prospect that I have no Idea in which direction they will go. I wouldn't like to be in those guys shoes in the recruitment of this kid. On one hand this kid has a ton of talent and is an elite athlete. On the other hand he has liabilities and you are still in the picture on a ton of prospect that I would consider better than him.

I don't know a whole lot about Scott other than he looks a bit like R Kelly. :)

RICKEYSCOTT6_5150.JPG

r-kelly.0.0.0x0.300x430.jpeg

I think you're real close on your thinking DM. Just don't forget that Doron can play the 2 guard as well. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

DM,

Why was Poland at the camp? Was he there with Goff, or is OU showing serious recruiting interest in him now? Is he a Big 12 player?

Back