New comments about coaching thread

luckyc1423

Reaction score
I wanted to start a new thread about this issue to see what everyone is thinking and weigh the pros and cons about capel and about previous coaches

I really love capel and I think he is going to be a great coach, but he has one HUGE downfall...and that is not creating any kind of depth in preseason games..
If we do not find a way to create depth in big 12 play (it will be tough because we have no easy games) then we may be stuck with the same scenario next year...talented players but inexperience on the bench..

If you look at next years players as of right now this is the players we have coming back that are proven/experienced

TMG
Cade
Pledger
Gallon

When you think of things like that it scares me...now if we can find a way to get more experience with Fitz, figure out a way to play Willis some, and throw in Allen every once in a while we will be ok next year having

fitz -- some experience and probably can hold his own
Allen -- Throw him in to push people around
Willis -- Athletic and long...could be a good top of the key zone defender

Then when you have talented freshman coming in

Clark
TJ

If we can do this that gives us 7 semi experienced players with 2 talented freshman
But if we cannot get the three guys above experience...More importantly the two post players...and the same thing happens next year I do believe questions need to be asked regarding the coaching.....We are to talented (in our starting five) to be having a season like this and it would be crazy to have two seasons in a row like this

Back