New Commit and Transfer from Portal

cowboysooner

Reaction score
Just read on another site, that Skyler Vann has signed with OU. Anyone know anything about her. Also, it was mentioned that we are about to get a center from the transfer portal. Who might that be? Anyone have any idea.

I checked her Twitter and can't find that tweet. Would be interesting if she did sign with us.

[TWEET]https://twitter.com/JamesDJackson15/status/1251206501622075392[/TWEET]

From the Daily Oklahoman article it sounded like she wanted to stay close to home, but hadn’t been given the opportunity until now. That makes me think we just offered.

From the Daily Oklahoman article it sounded like she wanted to stay close to home, but hadn’t been given the opportunity until now. That makes me think we just offered.

It’s not necessary a bad thing... she looks more like a high level player then Greer. I’m not sure how many minutes she will get since she looks like a undersized 4 at the moment, it looks like she has descent athleticism, but she will be playing behind both Madi and Liz, also it looks like she will play the same position as Moore and Embry in college a 4/3 combo forward... if either commits she could find minutes hard to come by.

It’s not necessary a bad thing... she looks more like a high level player then Greer. I’m not sure how many minutes she will get since she looks like a undersized 4 at the moment, it looks like she has descent athleticism, but she will be playing behind both Madi and Liz, also it looks like she will play the same position as Moore and Embry in college a 4/3 combo forward... if either commits she could find minutes hard to come by.
I just don’t see Moore choosing OU over South Carolina. I pray that I’m wrong, but if she wants to develop into a great Pro Prospect then I think she will choose South Carolina. And as far as Embry, I wish she would commit but I don’t think she will because from what I understand she still doesn’t have an offer from us. I don’t know what Sherri is waiting on, but she needs to hurry up and offer her before it’s too late. In my opinion, I think that bridge is already burnt.

Her ball handling and vision is outstanding. Looks like she can shoot it, too. Seems like a very versatile player!

I agree, it seems like she's a steady player that could be good for us. Gioya Carter was an in-state commit nobody expected much from and she was probably the best player or one of the best players on the team the four years she was here. I'm not quite ready to give up on whether this girl will be good for us, just yet. She's the top 5 in the state, which says a lot with all the talent we have right now.

Skylar reminds me a little of Sharane Campbell, a little undersized, but could score and was dependable. Skylar also is very good at pump faking, a lost art, and finishes at the glass very well, does not leave the ball short of the square. Good quick step on the drive. I am encouraged, but we shall see. Hopefully she will be one of those diamonds in the rough. Her pedigree is outstanding, comes from an Oklahoma family of really good athletes.

Doesn't matter who we recruit.

Likely starting five is Simpson, Maddie, Ana, Taylor and Gregory.

And we get killed by all the teams with at least a decent inside threat. Certain to be Baylor, Texas, Oklahoma State, and Kansas State. Don't know whether Brewer is back at Tech or who other than Okla State have recruited a big.

Also does not matter who we recruit if they do not play defense. OU lost 7 games last season when they scored 80+ points. 2 of those they lost, they scored 90+ points. Coale says she is stressing defense every season when they start practice. I think she is just blowing smoke like she does on everything else,

Back