Northwestern

TheMont

Reaction score
Northwestern is my second team. I will be at the game tomorrow in a shirt split down the middle - 1/2 OU, 1/2 NU. I'll be a wreck because it ruins my day when either of my teams lose! Luckily this is the first time in history that these programs have faced off, so I've never had to deal with this identity crisis before.

Going into the season, I'd give NU the upper hand. Right now, I'd give it to OU. NU has fallen short of expectations so far and OU has (pretty significantly) exceeded my expectations so far.

As you probably remember, Northwestern went on a pretty magical ride to their first ever NCAA tournament last season. They only lost 2 players (1 starter), and the four returning starters are what makes this team tick this year:

Bryant McIntosh, Sr PG, 6'3", 13.4 ppg, 5.9 apg
Scottie Lindsey, Sr G/F, 6'5", 15.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg
Vic Law, R-JR F, 6'7", 13.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg
Dererk Pardon, Jr C, 6'8", 11.2 ppg, 6 rpg

NU is balanced and there are a couple of reserves who are capable of scoring in double figures, but those are the big 4.

Vic Law missed the last game and a half due to an undisclosed injury (I believe he had concussion-like symptoms). I haven't heard if he will return for tomorrow's game, but he would be important because he would likely draw the assignment of guarding Trae Young.

Bryant McIntosh is the heart and soul of this team. When he was recruited, he promised to lead NU to the NCAA tournament promised land and he did exactly that his junior season. He's NU's career assist leader. So far this season, he hasn't been playing well. He's clearly very in his own head (a lot like Christian James last year), missing wide open shots, making key turnovers late, dribbling too much, etc. However, he did have a monster game with 24 points (6-11 from 3) and 7 assists on Tuesday against D-2 Lewis, so maybe he's turning it on again.

Scottie Lindsey is a very solid, dependable scorer. He can shoot and slash really well and he's great under pressure. He's normally a matchup nightmare -- luckily I think Odomes is a rare player who is a good matchup for him.

Lattin and McNeace need to stay disciplined guarding Dererk Pardon. He's developed a really good back-to-the-basket game and when NU's offense works well, they go through him to open up all the other scorers.

NU's defense hasn't displayed that it will be able to slow OU down. My pick: OU by 10 -- 90-80.

Junior guard Charlie Hall is the son of former Seinfeld star Julie Louis-Dreyfus and Brad Hall. She has been known to attend his games.

Northwestern is my second team. I will be at the game tomorrow in a shirt split down the middle - 1/2 OU, 1/2 NU. I'll be a wreck because it ruins my day when either of my teams lose! Luckily this is the first time in history that these programs have faced off, so I've never had to deal with this identity crisis before.

Going into the season, I'd give NU the upper hand. Right now, I'd give it to OU. NU has fallen short of expectations so far and OU has (pretty significantly) exceeded my expectations so far.

As you probably remember, Northwestern went on a pretty magical ride to their first ever NCAA tournament last season. They only lost 2 players (1 starter), and the four returning starters are what makes this team tick this year:

Bryant McIntosh, Sr PG, 6'3", 13.4 ppg, 5.9 apg
Scottie Lindsey, Sr G/F, 6'5", 15.8 ppg, 3.9 rpg
Vic Law, R-JR F, 6'7", 13.7 ppg, 5.3 rpg
Dererk Pardon, Jr C, 6'8", 11.2 ppg, 6 rpg

NU is balanced and there are a couple of reserves who are capable of scoring in double figures, but those are the big 4.

Vic Law missed the last game and a half due to an undisclosed injury (I believe he had concussion-like symptoms). I haven't heard if he will return for tomorrow's game, but he would be important because he would likely draw the assignment of guarding Trae Young.

Bryant McIntosh is the heart and soul of this team. When he was recruited, he promised to lead NU to the NCAA tournament promised land and he did exactly that his junior season. He's NU's career assist leader. So far this season, he hasn't been playing well. He's clearly very in his own head (a lot like Christian James last year), missing wide open shots, making key turnovers late, dribbling too much, etc. However, he did have a monster game with 24 points (6-11 from 3) and 7 assists on Tuesday against D-2 Lewis, so maybe he's turning it on again.

Scottie Lindsey is a very solid, dependable scorer. He can shoot and slash really well and he's great under pressure. He's normally a matchup nightmare -- luckily I think Odomes is a rare player who is a good matchup for him.

Lattin and McNeace need to stay disciplined guarding Dererk Pardon. He's developed a really good back-to-the-basket game and when NU's offense works well, they go through him to open up all the other scorers.

NU's defense hasn't displayed that it will be able to slow OU down. My pick: OU by 10 -- 90-80.

It take it Evan Eschmeyer has graduated?

Back