Oklahoma rated No. 5 backcourt in the country

Henzo

Reaction score
Jeff Goodman from FoxSports.com rates Oklahoma as the No. 5 backcourt in the country:

Source: Top Backcourts in 2009-10

5. Oklahoma

Backcourt: Willie Warren, Tommy Mason-Griffin

Analysis: Warren is an explosive scorer but will need to prove he can lead a team now that Blake Griffin is gone. Mason-Griffin, a freshman point guard who is physically ready to step in and make an impact, knows how to run a team and can also score when necessary.

Nice! Add a four year starter in Crocker in there and it is going to make a really good trio!

Nice! Add a four year starter in Crocker in there and it is going to make a really good trio!

You would think they would have mentioned that. Not only a 4 year starter but a guy that has gone for 20 plus before, averaged 10+ on his career and shot above 40% from 3 on his career (I think he has done all of that, I did not confirm it).

Quite a change from what we have been hearing and saying about our backcourt the past 4 yrs....

Quite a change from what we have been hearing and saying about our backcourt the past 4 yrs....

If not longer.... (No offense to those players in our previous backcourts. AJ is one of my favorite Sooners to play under Capel.)

Texas was 3rd in the Big 12 on that list. Get use to it.

I am a bit surprised OSU did not make the top 20. Anderson is a very good player, Muenelo is good and I thought Page made a nice showing for himself as a freshman. I realize they lose Eaton but I think they will still have a pretty strong backcourt.

Back