Orlando AAU Super Showcase on ESPN U: 4 PM Central

Sam

Reaction score
Not sure what games they are showing but I know Doron Lamb is playing for the New York Gauchos.
Tobias Harris is playing for the City Rocks
Also Jerrian Grant is playing for Team Takeover.

You might try ESPN 360 if you get that service.

A Baltimore team with Will Barton vs Team Final (Gilchrist top in 2011) is the first game.

Bill Self just admitted KU needs to recruit better, seemed bitter about missing out on Blake, Beasely and Durant.

Capel will be interviewed along with Mike Anderson in the next 30 minutes or so.

Some key points
Talked about the new free throw rule that is basicly the "Mike Anderson" rule.

The new deadline for players to withdrawl from the draft, both gave really bland "PC" answers imo.

Jeff talked about OU's need for leadership and how Tony and Willie need to step up in that regard as OU lost their leader who was also the hardest worker.

Both Jeff and Mike gave major props to all of the Big 12, depth, talent etc.

Some key points
Talked about the new free throw rule that is basicly the "Mike Anderson" rule.

The new deadline for players to withdrawl from the draft, both gave really bland "PC" answers imo.

Jeff talked about OU's need for leadership and how Tony and Willie need to step up in that regard as OU lost their leader who was also the hardest worker.

Both Jeff and Mike gave major props to all of the Big 12, depth, talent etc.

I must have missed this. What is the new free throw rule?

I believe the opposing coach gets to select a player on the court to shoot free throws if the shooter is unable to shot due to injury. It might be bench but if I recall correctly there was a reference to players on the court.

Bill Self just admitted KU needs to recruit better, seemed bitter about missing out on Blake, Beasely and Durant.

:ez-roll: Wow, is that what you saw. He was kidding for a brief second in then he went on and raved about the Big 12 and in particular Blake Griffin. Too bad you missed that. He told the story on how Blake got cut from a USA team out of high school and just worked, worked and worked. Said he was the hardest working kid in college the last two years. Bill Self just loves Blake Griffin. I've seen numerous interviews where he just went on and on about him. It was a really good interview for the Big 12.

Chendog, I saw the bitterness burning in NCHCBS' eyes. He seemed jealous of Capel, Barnes and Martin for their awesome players. It was obvious he was upset at being left with stiffs like Cole Aldrich and the retainer wearing X Henry.

Here's the interview if anyone wants to hear the good stuff about Blake Griffin.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnkBzs2DfAI[/ame]

:ez-roll: Wow, is that what you saw. He was kidding for a brief second in then he went on and raved about the Big 12 and in particular Blake Griffin. Too bad you missed that. He told the story on how Blake got cut from a USA team out of high school and just worked, worked and worked. Said he was the hardest working kid in college the last two years. Bill Self just loves Blake Griffin. I've seen numerous interviews where he just went on and on about him. It was a really good interview for the Big 12.

Well, to be one hundred percent fair, Sam does seem to miss a lot. This is hardly the first time...

That was a great interview with a couple of coaches I really admire. Both of those coaches are very likeable and down to earth. Self was very complementary of the Big 12 in general and specifically Blake. As Cheno said, Self has praised Blake on several occasions.

Back