OSU continuing to make the same mistake that we used to make...

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
From the reports that I have gathered and from an aggie buddy of mine in attendance, their "homecoming and hoops" deal last night was far more homecoming than hoops. The arena wasn't even close to being full. Plus, around half the attendance there was for the Greek awards (sound familiar?), and they only had a ten minute scrimmage. I am sure recruits can see right through that facade and it doesn't touch what Kansas, Kentucky, Marquette, Washington, and the other true midnight madness schools did last night.

Here is one report from an admin on one of their boards:

Reviews of the basketball team are next to worthless since we got a whole 10 minutes of them, in the most ridiculous "scrimage" I've ever seen. How sad is it that we're a "basketball school" and don't have a proper midnight madness. We need the bash back in the worst way possible.

Guys,

I think we are close to being able to garner enough support to have a true men's team/lady's team basketball event, but I am so glad that Coach Capel and Coach Coale recognize how lame it looks to lump it with some Greek event.

I think we should start back again small and have it in a packed out MFH starting next year. Between the two fanbases, I think we could have a really nice event on a Friday night. It would need to be marketed well, but I really think it would be good for the program.

Guys,

I think we are close to being able to garner enough support to have a true men's team/lady's team basketball event, but I am so glad that Coach Capel and Coach Coale recognize how lame it looks to lump it with some Greek event.

I think we should start back again small and have it in a packed out MFH starting next year. Between the two fanbases, I think we could have a really nice event on a Friday night. It would need to be marketed well, but I really think it would be good for the program.

I agree with you. It should showcase basketball along with some GOOD entertainment and the fans will pack the place. That would be much more impressive to the fans and recruits than doing something that involves Greek activities.

A small concert afterwards might be the best option, maybe Kings of Leon would be willing to help out.

Give 1st priorty to buy tickets (regular people)/students sign up for those that are already signed up for season tickets.

A small concert afterwards might be the best option, maybe Kings of Leon would be willing to help out.

Give 1st priorty to buy tickets (regular people)/students sign up for those that are already signed up for season tickets.

I don't think we would even need to do that. Just start small next year and make it all about basetball like it used to be. Both the mens and womens' fanbases have expanded since we last did it.

From the reports that I have gathered and from an aggie buddy of mine in attendance, their "homecoming and hoops" deal last night was far more homecoming than hoops. The arena wasn't even close to being full. Plus, around half the attendance there was for the Greek awards (sound familiar?), and they only had a ten minute scrimmage. I am sure recruits can see right through that facade and it doesn't touch what Kansas, Kentucky, Marquette, Washington, and the other true midnight madness schools did last night.

Here is one report from an admin on one of their boards:

Guys,

McCasland would be a great venue for something like this. Right there on campus and much more intimate/electric than LNC.

I like that idea, but the youngster like a lame named Gucci Mane. Me myself, i'm a Common fan.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCs1S-Ertkk[/ame]

There were only about 1,000 seats empty from what I saw.

There were only about 1,000 seats empty from what I saw.

Well my friend arrived kinda late, so maybe it was after some of the Greeks split? Also, it is tough to judge butts in seats at the good old GIA because of the blinding orange seats. Its a great advantage on TV and in person. I attended the OSU/TU game last year, and even though the arena was around half full, the seats helped mask the empties.

Well my friend arrived kinda late, so maybe it was after some of the Greeks split? Also, it is tough to judge butts in seats at the good old GIA because of the blinding orange seats. Its a great advantage on TV and in person. I attended the OSU/TU game last year, and even though the arena was around half full, the seats helped mask the empties.

Yeah, the Greeks start funneling out a bit. It's better than a few years ago when they did all the Homecoming awards at the beginning and they ALL left. Leaving about 4,500 people in the stands.

That could very well be it. The same effect works well at BPS. As far as the scrimmage goes nothing but a glorified pickup games. Pilgrim looked real tough, but maybe he thrives in that free-wheeling environment.

Page almost dunked. I repeat, Page almost dunked.

I have no idea, I wouldn't have been able to recognize them, and we haven't any reports saying yes or no.

Roger Franklin's uncle and Pawneehoops haven't reported anything?

Back