OT - Blake Griffin joins the Nets

OU former stars do have an astonishing fate to play for bad teams....minus Stacey King.

that said, way to go Blake.

OU former stars do have an astonishing fate to play for bad teams....minus Stacey King.

It's just so few make it to the NBA till recent years. But Mookie was on Hawks teams that usually won around 50 games. But we just put so few guys in the NBA. Before Blake OU's had 4 players since 1984 that played 500+ NBA games(Blaylock, Tisdale, Grant, and Najera) Basically since the late Tubbs era we haven't gotten a lot of NBA guys period.

It's just so few make it to the NBA till recent years. But Mookie was on Hawks teams that usually won around 50 games. But we just put so few guys in the NBA. Before Blake OU's had 4 players since 1984 that played 500+ NBA games(Blaylock, Tisdale, Grant, and Najera) Basically since the late Tubbs era we haven't gotten a lot of NBA guys period.

Agreed. If we placed players in the NBA like Duke, Kentucky and Carolina we would have a different picture to take in.

Agreed. If we placed players in the NBA like Duke, Kentucky and Carolina we would have a different picture to take in.
Not even at that level really. When I say no real NBA talent from like 1990-2010 it's like almost nobody even playing more than a few games. There's not even guys that stick around on rosters making a couple points per game. Brent Price and Najera did that along with King but nobody else even did that level. But look at most of the rest of the conference outside of Kansas and Texas and they aren't much better. Baylor has been doing okay since the 2010s. But nobody at the level we've had with any of the big 3 we have now.

Clippers BG team was pretty good.

You realize it’s a choice to keep signing with bad teams right?

Clippers BG team was pretty good.

You realize it’s a choice to keep signing with bad teams right?

not sure i agree, wayman with indiana, sac, phoenix were all pretty bad. and i get that a 6' 8' forward with a fadeaway j baseline is not the nba recipe but way avg'd 15 and 6 on bad teams. with 22 a game on a phx team. wiki.

he did lead an olympic nba team in rebounding if i recall. good basketball.

a team that had michael jordan, pat ewing, chris mullin, sam perkins....all of whom played for pretty good NBA teams down the road. except for maybe perkins.

a team that had michael jordan, pat ewing, chris mullin, sam perkins....all of whom played for pretty good NBA teams down the road. except for maybe perkins.
Sam made appearances in the Finals with three different franchises, one of them being my beloved Seattle Supersonics in 1996,

Sam made appearances in the Finals with three different franchises, one of them being my beloved Seattle Supersonics in 1996,

And my beloved Lakers....:D

Anthony Bowie also had some NBA success, especially his run with Orlando.

Some of these cats are filthy rich from playing a game and if by chance they are not on the roster of a winning/championship team then that is part of the sacrifices that we, as individuals, have to make. Sure, it's nice to be part of a winning program, but making a living and be able to provide for themselves and families is likely their biggest priority. They could be doing worse, much worse. Just a thought.

majority of his career wasn't with the Pistons... NO TRADE CLAUSE can be an option... in the contract he negotiates

Come on, very few NBA players have the leverage to negotiate no-trade clauses. Do you really think all pro players have a choice of which team they play for? If that was true Sacramento and Charlotte wouldn't be able to find players. Why don't ALL players play for the Lakers? They could just stage intra-squad scrimmages and put them on TNT.

Come on, very few NBA players have the leverage to negotiate no-trade clauses. Do you really think all pro players have a choice of which team they play for? If that was true Sacramento and Charlotte wouldn't be able to find players. Why don't ALL players play for the Lakers? They could just stage intra-squad scrimmages and put them on TNT.

Small markets big markets different topic.

Money is the killer.

Salary cap. Don’t be so small minded.

majority of his career wasn't with the Pistons... NO TRADE CLAUSE can be an option... in the contract he negotiates

Is there a star player in the league that even has a no trade clause?

Blake started on a terrible franchise (not by choice), revived it, and then was dumped into a terrible situation in Detroit. Not much has been by choice.

Just saw a crazy stat. Blake Griffin has not attempted a dunk since December 12th, 2019. Wow.

Just saw a crazy stat. Blake Griffin has not attempted a dunk since December 12th, 2019. Wow.

He's aged poorly, which isn't all that surprising given his size, playing style, and injury history. He can still contribute 15-20 minutes off the bench, but he's a shell of his former self.

Back