OU 5 Seed at UCLA

Killer bracket. We win 2 at best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think UCLA is beatable. I like that draw for us, and a sweet 16 is a great accomplishment for this team.

But yeah, Aaliyah Boston could break Ayoka Lee's record of points scored against us.

I do think UCLA is beatable. I like that draw for us, and a sweet 16 is a great accomplishment for this team.

Agree re: this being a good draw for us. I don't see us beating any of the number one seeds this year, but think getting to the Sweet 16 is a real possibility with this draw and that would be great for this team.

Last edited:
I am picking OU to win 2 games. S Carolina would need some heavy Sooner Magic. Still a very good year.

I don't know if I would rather us win one game, then lose a closely contested game against UCLA OR beat them and get absolutely crushed by South Carolina, similar to how we did Utah this year and Notre Dame in last year's tourney game. Those were absolutely embarrassing losses and I would hate for that to happen in our seniors' last game. With that being said, I believe I'd rather we lost in a close second round game. We just don't have the height/talent yet to hang with a SC type. That being said UCLA played SC to 9 when they met, so it could very well be that UCLA smokes us as well. If we were capable of playing defense, and competed with teams like Texas I'd feel much better about our chances, but they walloped us in both of our meetings, so idk....

All things considered we will most likely go 26-7 this year, which is a small improvement, but still an improvement from last season! Solid season for this program in second year under JB. It's crucial moving forward we don't take any steps backward/hit that darn portal as hard as possible in the off season!

If we can win 2 and then fall to SC, there will be no shame in that.

I want these fine women to go out with their heads high, with two more victories in the Big Dance.

I think we are well overdue for some good luck and Karma.

At least I hope so.

We won’t be forget this squad anytime soon!

THANT YOU EACH AND EVERY COACH AND PLAYER ON THE 2022-2023 squad.

It’s been absolutely wonderful, up-worthy, dynamic, exciting, maddening and heartbreaking.

I, for one, will never forget you and I doubt many others will either!

BOOMER SOONER! GO BIG RED!

If we can win 2 and then fall to SC, there will be no shame in that.

I want these fine women to go out with their heads high, with two more victories in the Big Dance.

I think we are well overdue for some good luck and Karma.

At least I hope so.

We won’t be forget this squad anytime soon!

THANT YOU EACH AND EVERY COACH AND PLAYER ON THE 2022-2023 squad.

It’s been absolutely wonderful, up-worthy, dynamic, exciting, maddening and heartbreaking.

I, for one, will never forget you and I doubt many others will either!

BOOMER SOONER! GO BIG RED!

Good stuff, Ollie!

No matter how the game(s) in LA turn out, this team can be proud that they have made the most of the talent they have. They have obvious deficiencies in the height department and they aren't the fastest team out there but they believed in themselves when no one else did. Their 'never give up' attitude has won games for them that other teams would have lost. They will always be one of my favorite Sooner teams of all time.

We won five our of five down to the wire games. What a joy to watch those games! I think a couple of the games we lost were close but not down to the wire. We also won some that were close but not down to the wire.

SC is such a powerful team that I can live with being totally blown out. Heck, if we get there just go out and try to have some fun playing the game.

Anyway, if we make the Sweet Sixteen we can hang up a banner.

I don't count OU out. Robertson could have a 3pt clinic against UCLA or SC. We need screen after screen and hit the 3-pointers. I could see some Sooner Magic OU did beat Baylor and Iowa St. I think the Seniors will be motivated.

Back