OU Basketball Fans Who Want TOP DAUG Back!

Dude I've seen them up close, come on.
Did you gaze into the chasm of their eyes? Did you feel the pure evil permeating from their aura's? The brown eyed one is evil, I'm telling you. Just don't look directly into their eyes, and you might be safe, well until they start bouncing around, crip-walking. One off these days you're going to wake up in the middle night, and one of them will be in your room, dancing around, getting in your face.

Bring back Top!

Last edited:
Did you gaze into the chasm of their eyes? Did you feel the pure evil permeating from their aura's? The brown eyed one is evil, I'm telling you. Just don't look directly into their eyes, and you might be safe, well until they start bouncing around, crip-walking. One off these days you're going to wake up in the middle night, and one of them will be in your room, dancing around, getting in your face.

Bring back Top!

The new Boomer and Sooner are much more cartoonish and it is a good that they changed because the previous ones were more demonic than the Jimenez statue outside of the Museum of Art.

The new Boomer and Sooner are much more cartoonish and it is a good that they changed because the previous ones were more demonic than the Jimenez statue outside of the Museum of Art.
That's true, but one has to wonder when the old one's will kill the new one's, and consolidate their power for world domination.

I would love nothing more than to bring back Top Daug!

That's true, but one has to wonder when the old one's will kill the new one's, and consolidate their power for world domination.

:ez-laugh: this snow has you in a "tony-esque" mood.

One off these days you're going to wake up in the middle night, and one of them will be in your room, dancing around, getting in your face.

The day that happens, I will pledge $1,000 to support your cause, and bring back TD.

:D

Does anyone know the significance of Top Daug? What is his story and why is he part of the program? I remember watching him at home games back in the 80's and early 90's and really enjoyed him as a mascot just never knew why a dog was part of the sooners.

Soonergirl, that is awesome, I am all in, bring back "the Daug".

Obviously, I'm not talking about every kid, lol. I'm sure kids were scared of Top Daug. But when this raging clown looking pig comes running at you doing the seawalk or whatever, it's a bit odd.

come on...they don't look like pigs anymore.

They could atleast bring back TD and keep just one horse at the game.

I'm just not very funny. I'll use emoticons next time to assist me.

The day that happens, I will pledge $1,000 to support your cause, and bring back TD.

:D

Anyone who knows where he lives, let me know so we can get our $1,000 ;)

http://oudaily.com/news/2008/nov/11/column-plea-reinstatement-top-daug/

Here is an article from the OU Daily in 2008 and it mentions some of Top Daug's history.
To sum it up: Top Daug was born because Billy Tubbs declared that OU Basketball would be the "Top Dog" in the conference.
Thank you all for your support.

This is awesome! I miss Top Daug.

2wg66f8.gif

Back