OU basketball on the Athletic

BoulderSooner

Owner/Operator
Reaction score
Last edited:
It an excellent story....it explains why PM won at Loyola and why he will win at OU.

Starter culture: How Porter Moser is building the foundation at Oklahoma, p

don't post paid content ..

Admin

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Starter culture: How Porter Moser is building the foundation at Oklahom

Thank you for posting this. Very inspiring article! I wasn't very excited when Moser was hired but I get more and more excited the more I learn about him.

Great read! Thanks for posting, MsP!

If Moser is given 10 years, i think he at least makes a final 4 if not a natty IMO

If Moser is given 10 years, i think he at least makes a final 4 if not a natty IMO

He’ll only need 9 years :) as we will cut down the nets in the year 2030.

1988 - Final Four
2002 - Final Four
2016 - Final Four
2030 - Final Four

I see a pattern developing…but hope Moser can break it by getting us to the Final Four closer to 2025 than 2030.

1988 - Final Four
2002 - Final Four
2016 - Final Four
2030 - Final Four

I see a pattern developing…but hope Moser can break it by getting us to the Final Four closer to 2025 than 2030.

Hopefully sooner and more times!!

1988 - Final Four
2002 - Final Four
2016 - Final Four
2030 - Final Four

WF, if the players buy into what Moser is selling, I honestly believe he can get us there by 2025.

Its obvious he’s a perfectionist. In an age of freewheeling everything from life to love, his ultra-disciplined approach to the game may not be a good fit for everyone. But if I had a son with D-1 talent, Porter Moser is my idea of the perfect coach/teacher/mentor I would want to trust with his education.

I’m excited about the season and the years ahead with him in charge of our basketball program! Lon was the right man for the job when he was hired. I think Porter is the right man to take us to the next level, and that includes playing for a natty.

Anyone know who the transfer was they turned down over character concerns referred to in the article?

Back