*******OU-Baylor Pregame Notes/Game Thread*******

I'm not mad at Woodard. He made good decisions most of the game just didn't have the 3-ball going tonight.

Spangler was his own worst enemy on offense, very, very poor decision making.

I'm not mad at Woodard. He made good decisions most of the game just didn't have the 3-ball going tonight.

Spangler was his own worst enemy on offense, very, very poor decision making.

Spangler was completely intimidated on the offensive end of the court.

OU has been terrible in the BIg 12 tournament since I can remember... Surprising, but not...

so instead of looking good into the tournament we are now once again limping into the post-season. Kruger is 0-4 in the post-season at OU now. He needs to get them to not come out so flat every tournament game.

Inside game killed us.....Austin makes 3-4 from three point land???

Does Austin go pro?

not mad at this team, disappointed that they loss of course but Baylor has the talent and especially the length that can really mess with OU on offense and defense. And the slow start did not help and it showed especially with Spangler, he looks like the tank is almost empty. He has had to carry a big burden down low all season long and he looks like he has not been the same on offense because of it. Hopefully this team can learn from this rest up and come out firing next week...

Last edited:
Baylor kept going inside except for the 6 or 7 minute span when we started our come back, and OU had to foul late. But more aggressive teams always get more foul shots. We shot over 30 3s and couldn't make any offense inside the 3 point line for the most part. That's what lost the game really. But we still had a shot if we just made some open shots late.

Really disappointed how we came out to play - Baylor is not a better team then us and this happens way too much for my liking where we come out flat and basically give away the game.

From another thread. Amazing how badly we have done in this tournament.

Our tournament record. More things change, more they stay the same.
1997-2003
Championships: 3
Finals Appearances: 5
Semifinals Appearances: 6
First Game Losses: 1
Record: 15-4

2004 - 2013:
Championships: 0
Finals Appearances: 0
Semifinals Appearances: 2
First Game Losses: 5
Record: 5-10
(Now 6 losses in the first round.)

FRee Throws

Baylor 23/35
OU 5/7

That's your ball game, right there.

we didn't attack inside... they blocked some shots and lord knows we cant have any of our players reputations shattered by getting packed by a 7 freakin fter.. so we kept jacking threes and passing out of shots into turnovers....

Baylor kept going inside except for the 6 or 7 minute span when we started our come back, and OU had to foul late. But more aggressive teams always get more foul shots. We shot over 30 3s and couldn't make any offense inside the 3 point line for the most part. That's what lost the game really. But we still had a shot if we just made some open shots late.

Most of those foul shots did not come late... We intentionally fouled 4 or 5 times. If they were able to attempt them all, that would only be at most 10 of the 35... This game was grossly called in BU's favor. That being said, they were the aggressor and took it to us for the first 24 min.

Really disappointed how we came out to play - Baylor is not a better team then us and this happens way too much for my liking where we come out flat and basically give away the game.

i would agree they have not been the better team, but they do have a major advantage in length and they are playing better basketball down the stretch and beating a good team 3 times is tough. sadly we have to rely so much on outside shooting and tonight it was flat, OU had plenty of good looks not enough makes...

we didn't attack inside... they blocked some shots and lord knows we cant have any of our players reputations shattered by getting packed by a 7 freakin fter.. so we kept jacking threes and passing out of shots into turnovers....

That is our game... It's way we always play. Bottom line. Drive and dish... I had no problem with probably 30 of our 35 three pointers, but they just weren't falling at the right times tonight. We shot under our percentage from deep, were out-rebounded and went down by 21 to the under 16 timeout in theb2nd half... All while shooting 54% from 2 and 60% from deep. I think the distaste for how many threes we shot tonight is overstated...

We certainly had a bad night. Tough to win when Spangler, Buddy, and Cousins don't have good games. We passed up WAY too many layups for fear that it would be blocked.

Time to put this behind us and get some wins in the NCAAs. We have a team that can make a run. It is up to us to do it now. I am optimistic.....even after tonight's performance.

That is our game... It's way we always play. Bottom line. Drive and dish... I had no problem with probably 30 of our 35 three pointers, but they just weren't falling at the right times tonight. We shot under our percentage from deep, were out-rebounded and went down by 21 to the under 16 timeout in theb2nd half... All while shooting 54% from 2 and 60% from deep. I think the distaste for how many threes we shot tonight is overstated...

Ya that's how we play. But tonight was extreme... Tùning down open layups cuz were scared to jack threes when were having a off night

I have no idea what that ballerina, pirouette bs around the rim was from Spangler tonight, but he needs to cut that out and be a grown a** man and go up with it to at least force a foul or something. It was so bad that he was passing up shots around the rim. He has to be stronger than that and he can be, he's shown it throughout the season, but he just didn't bring it tonight like he usually does.

Last edited:
Disappointing. But when you have a talented team playing for their playoff lives, albeit coached by Drew, and they've already played a game at the venue the day before, it's kind of a recipe for a loss. Too bad it was against Hypocrite U! That makes it doubly disappointing!

I have no idea what that ballerina, pirouette bs around the rim was from Spangler tonight, but he needs to cut that out and be a grown a** man and go up with it to at least force a foul or something. It was so bad that he was passing up shots around the rim. He has to be stronger than that and he can be, he's shown it throughout the season, but he just didn't bring it tonight like he usually does.

Exactly. Spangler was very disappointing tonight and frankly has been for much of the latter part of the season. Just looks to lack the aggression or confidence he was playing with earlier in the season. He started big 12 play like a beast and has regressed for some reason. If he doesn't get goin this team may not win a tourney game, but if he does, we could be very dangerous.

Back