>>>>>>>OU-CSU Baskersfield Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Re: >>>>>>>OU-CSU Baskersfield Gameday Thread<<<<<<<

Defense is playing pretty well. And rebounding decently

I agree rebounding has been OK but they have missed a lot of open shots. I don't think the D has been very crisp.

Ahmed has killed the Sooners in the first half (and poor FT shooting).

We need a point guard that will put the team first. Until we get that, I don't know that we can live up to OUr potential in the NCAA tournament. Also, the play from our bigs simply isn't strong enough. I have a lot of concerns moving forward. I hope I'm dead wrong.

I agree rebounding has been OK but they have missed a lot of open shots. I don't think the D has been very crisp.
I would take Ahmed shooting open 3s all day for them. He won't make a lot of those.

Can they just stay on the court and shoot free throws at half lol - a couple of misses on front ends of one and ones ugh. Spangler is in a bad place on them right now he barely hit the rim on that one

Yes we are but they better get on Ahmad. This game is far from over. Not comfortable at all. Mich St going down is an example. That is a huge shocker.

Defense and creating turnovers was good for the most part. The effort is there, but the concentration lapses are there at times too. We should be up at least 10.

Their big man can hit 3s and 17 footers....our bigs barley graze iron on FTs.:mad:

Working hard to keep them in this.

looked like OU's depth actually paid off till the last minute, tighten on Ahmed make the FTs and OU should be in good shape in the 2nd half

Their whole team makes us look like we have cement shoes on. Even the white dude!

4/12 on FTs....inexcusable.

Yeah, 6-14 at the half, 43% for a team that normally hits around 70-75% of their free throws. If we had hit 70% this half we would have a double digit lead instead of 7.

Hopefully we come out the second half and play MUCH better...

I would take Ahmed shooting open 3s all day for them. He won't make a lot of those.

Well, he is the one who is making. They also have a lot of guys missing.

We need a point guard that will put the team first. Until we get that, I don't know that we can live up to OUr potential in the NCAA tournament. Also, the play from our bigs simply isn't strong enough. I have a lot of concerns moving forward. I hope I'm dead wrong.

None of this is news and really nothing we can do about it now. You have to remember, this is only year 5 of a fairly major rebuilding job.

I will add with the exception of probably KU, every team is flawed in the tournament.

Horrible FF shooting , selfish on offense ( Buford) and bad defense.

Let's get this going. I am tired of watching people cry and I don't want to be one of them. :ez-laugh:

Was Lattin riding the bench because of fouls?

Spangler would beat him in a 3pt contest.

I would like to see Spangler get it going, but he seems very uncomfortable right now with his shot.

Back