OU getting no pre-season love over at ESPN.com

Delvon Roe is a pf that averaged 5.6 a game, he didn't even do that much in the tournament

Ed Davis lots of potential, under 7 points a game last year.

Malcolm Lee 3.2 points a game in 10 minutes a game.

Chris Singleton 8.1 points for Florida State

Kris Joseph 3.4 points a game.

This had to be his list of young guys that could break through or something

yet he didn't name either of kansas' two returning sophomores (tyshawn taylor and marcus morris) either! I gues Dukie V forgot that we play basketball west of the mississippi!

here's the 5 he mentioned:

Devon Roe-Michigan State (I honestly haven't heard much of anything about this guy) (5.6 ppgs 5 rebound per game, 6 double figure scoring games 3 double figure rebounding games)
Ed Davis-NC (I'll give him this one)
Malcolm Lee-UCLA (????) (10 minutes a game 3 points 1.5 rebounds, 2 total games in double figure scoring)
Chris Singleton-Miami? (found one from FSU not Miami, 8 PPGs, 5 Rebounds per game season highs of 18 points and 17 rebounds both came in non con only had 3 double digit point games after the ACC started, no double digit rebound games)
Kris Joseph-Syracuse? (3.4 PPG 2.4 rebounds per game and an amazing 8 minute 6 point 1 rebound performance vs Blake Griffin. Season highs of 13 points and a season high of 8 rebounds)

uhh, okay, maybe this is a list of people we never heard of before.

Added in stats for the guys I am sure many of us didn't know much about.
Now to compare to Willie's numbers.
14.6 PPG 3.1 assists per game, 31 minutes per game
28 double figure scoring games (20 or more 7 times).

I actually love it when this happens because that means that this team can build an identity of it's own, which will provide motivation in turn. Just watch. OU will be just fine. If the rest of the players have the attitude that Tiny did in his interview a couple of weeks ago we will be fine. I can't wait for the season to begin. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

Being under the radar is the way to go! SU is as well. As far as Kris Joseph being mentioned it is an "-SS COVERING" move! The kid was scared as anything in BE comp but has all the skills you want in a 6-7 swing player! He is a good fit as a 3/4 in JB's system and really just needs PT, experiance and confidence (which is all the same thing in my book).

He played the last 2.5 OT's against Uconn in the BET and held his own while being out possition. And even more impressive, was the fact that he seemed to know enough to try to play like a 5 and not a 3 which is actually what he is.

Dickie V has tp be looking for unknown kids for that list though!

Last edited:
I think we should atleast be somewhere between 15-20, because we have Jeff Capel sitting on the sidelines, if nothing else..

most people outside of our fanbase just looks at OU as a team that lost two draft picks
That is music to my ears.

I agree with MWC. Starting out the season we should be ranked between 15 and 20. Flying under the radar at the beginning of the season is not a bad thing. It's going to be fun watching the duo of TMG and WW create some beautiful magic on the court this season.

We FINALLY get to bring 2 LEGITIMATE guards to the big dance in March. How long has it been since we’ve had two guards on the court at the same time that could create their own shot and light it up from the outside?

Back