OU is 3rd place in the Big XII

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
Right where we belong. There is no reason for us to drop from the 3-4 spot.

Right where we belong. There is no reason for us to drop from the 3-4 spot.

Except they need to win on the road... The last time they went on the road they lost by 31 points.

I am not gonna get too ahead of myself until I see them on the road.

So big is it safe to say that you think that we will lose on the road by 31 again? Care to make a prediction? BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Except they need to win on the road... The last time they went on the road they lost by 31 points.

I am not gonna get too ahead of myself until I see them on the road.

Obviously, Boca was being sarcastic Mr. Doom and Gloom. There are plenty more OU losses for you to relish in. Regardless of records and rankings, I'm seeing progress. I'm seeing selfishness thrown aside. i didn't see Tiny Gallon pout about not putting up big numbers but Cheer Ryan Wright on. I saw Willie act like a leader instead of acting like a scorer. We saw Cade Davis lay it on the line and have his bb IQ match his hustle level. We saw Steve Pledger defend. We saw Mason-Griffin battle through turnovers and still not let mistakes take in totally out of the game. We saw theste guys not hang there heads when they were down' and fight, fight, fight.

OU will take the first 10 minutes of the Baylor game and turn it into 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 40 minutes, then the wins will come. it is going to happen. The talent is there. The last 30 minutes of the Baylor game is a correctable error. And it will be corrected.

I was not being sarcastic. There is no reason for OU to fall from the 3-4 spot in the Big XII. This year, next year or any year.

If they slowed down the clock ang not jacking up contested threes, there is no reason why they can steal some games on the road. This is a good offensive team meaning everybody can score. It's just a matter of defense and slow down the game.

OU will take the first 10 minutes of the Baylor game and turn it into 20 minutes, then 30 minutes, then 40 minutes, then the wins will come. it is going to happen. The talent is there. The last 30 minutes of the Baylor game is a correctable error. And it will be corrected.

I was not being sarcastic. There is no reason for OU to fall from the 3-4 spot in the Big XII. This year, next year or any year.

Well, I like the optimism. This league is still a hard league on the road. The games we have won haven't been games we've won on execution. We've won them on will and toughness. I like winning games on will, but we need execution as well. We can't go into the slumps we've went on. I think this is the outline to a tourney appearance:

at Baylor - L
OSU - W
Missouri - W
at A&M -
at Tech -
Iowa State -
at Nebraska - [/b]
Texas - *****
Texas Tech -
at OSU -
at Colorado -
Kansas State -
at Kansas -
Baylor -
at Texas -
Texas A&M -

Bolded games OU should go 7-2 or 6-3 with a win over Texas.

Obviously, Boca was being sarcastic
-DM

I was not being sarcastic.
-Boca

There are plenty more OU losses for you to relish in. Regardless of records and rankings, I'm seeing progress. I'm seeing selfishness thrown aside. i didn't see Tiny Gallon pout about not putting up big numbers but Cheer Ryan Wright on. I saw Willie act like a leader instead of acting like a scorer. We saw Cade Davis lay it on the line and have his bb IQ match his hustle level. We saw Steve Pledger defend. We saw Mason-Griffin battle through turnovers and still not let mistakes take in totally out of the game. We saw theste guys not hang there heads when they were down' and fight, fight, fight.

I saw all of that too, and am just as happy about it as you are. Get over yourself and stop trying to tell people who are real fans and who aren't, that kind of crap is getting old. Geez...

The next two are going to be tough. Actually all of these game sare going to be tough. If they play like they did today and get production from Crocker and Tiny. We should win a few of these road games.

The next two are going to be tough. Actually all of these game sare going to be tough. If they play like they did today and get production from Crocker and Tiny. We should win a few of these road games.

I don't see us winning a double digit game the rest of the way. We'll need to get some depth.

If they slowed down the clock ang not jacking up contested threes, there is no reason why they can steal some games on the road. This is a good offensive team meaning everybody can score. It's just a matter of defense and slow down the game.

I agree. I don't understand why they seem to want to get out and run. They greatly increase their chances of winning when they can make the game "ugly"....especially against the better teams on the schedule.

I agree. I don't understand why they seem to want to get out and run. They greatly increase their chances of winning when they can make the game "ugly"....especially against the better teams on the schedule.

Some players are just wired that way. Others (most players, actually) just aren't. Coaches like Anderson try to find 10-13 guys who love to run and counts on other teams not having enough to keep up (a lot of teams physically can but aren't really comfortable with it).

OU seems to have several guys who do like to play fast, but not enough to run consistently. If they can slow things down and certain guys pick their spots, OU could be dangerous.

Some players are just wired that way. Others (most players, actually) just aren't. Coaches like Anderson try to find 10-13 guys who love to run and counts on other teams not having enough to keep up (a lot of teams physically can but aren't really comfortable with it).

OU seems to have several guys who do like to play fast, but not enough to run consistently. If they can slow things down and certain guys pick their spots, OU could be dangerous.

Willie Warren and TMG combined for 12 turnovers. But guess what, against a Mizzou team, that's not neccessarily a sign of too bad of play and we actually did better handling things than last year.

if we could somehow finish 5th or 6th I will be happy as a pig in #$%@. IMO top half of the league is still a remarkable and unlikely goal.

Willie Warren and TMG combined for 12 turnovers. But guess what, against a Mizzou team, that's not neccessarily a sign of too bad of play and we actually did better handling things than last year.

Several of those came early, too.

As a team, OU didn't do any better or worse than the typical MU opponent with turnovers. But MU didn't capitalize on those turnovers like they typically do, so OU wasn't really hurt by their turnovers.

As a team, OU didn't do any better or worse than the typical MU opponent with turnovers. But MU didn't capitalize on those turnovers like they typically do, so OU wasn't really hurt by their turnovers.

Along those lines, most of our turnoves were off our own hands and feet. Lots of dead ball to's. I was expecting a bigger MU run in the second half, as it was very apparent OU was extremely gassed. However, I think MU settled for too many long open jumpers, where as they seem to excel when they are slashing hard in the paint. OU could've been in some bad news with foul trouble, but Missouri didn't seem to press the issue much or make it a physical game.

Last edited:
MU does shoot (and typically make) a lot of threes. If they're open, they're going to shoot them (and based on season percentages, they should shoot them).

When you get used to relying on the three, eventually it's going to cost you. There are really only a few guys on the team who can penetrate with the ball (Tiller... who struggles to actually score once he gets in the lane, Dixon and Paul). Their penetration and cuts are significantly less effective if they're not first stretching the defense with the three.

Struggling on offense means MU can't set up the press, which changes everything.

The best way to beat this MU team is to take away the three pointer. If MU is hitting from deep, it opens things up for cutters and MU is a very good passing team. Then you have to deal with MU's press. But without the three, MU is an entirely different team.

Back