OU-Texas Tech Stats/Notes/Quotes/Highlights/Photos

Good to get a win. Hopefully the lid is off this thing and they can run off a few W's. CJ has to play better. Worst thing about tonight was his body language. Give him a call Buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I always find the MINUTES PLAYED stat to be interesting. Here it is for the Texas Tech game.

Minutes .. Player .. (Points / Rebounds)
35 .. Rashard Odomes .. (24 / 8)
34 .. Jordan Woodard .. (27 / 7)
28 .. Khadeem Lattin .. (10 / 6)
26 .. Kameron McGusty .. (10 / 2)
26 .. Kristian Doolittle .. (8 / 5)
19 .. Christian James .. (1 / 5)
12 .. Jamuni McNeace .. (1 / 1)
10 .. Dante Buford .. (-0- / 1)
_5 .. Darrion Strong-Moore .. (3 / 1)
_4 .. Matt Freeman .. (-0- / 1)
_1 .. C.J. Cole .. (-0- / –0-)
_0 .. Jordan Shepherd

Five players basically did all the scoring. Christian James, Jamuni McNeace and Dante Buford must be more productive if OU expects to be successful down the stretch. These three players are showing signs of a sophomore slump.

It is encouraging to see two true freshmen (McGusty, Doolittle) play well against B12 competition. This is the first game where freshman Jordan Shepherd did not play.

Those top 5 would b my starters, here on out.

I like Shepherd 2nd pg in vs strong...but CJ, Buford, McNeace off bench.

Those top 5 would b my starters, here on out.

I like Shepherd 2nd pg in vs strong...but CJ, Buford, McNeace off bench.

I'm on board with your starting five. Never thought I would go with five starters that didn't include CJ. But the slump he's been in is affecting his confidence as well as other areas of his game, so it may be best to bring him off of the bench for now and hope that will relieve some of the pressure he feels.

For all those who are up in arms about our record at this point, let's just look at this ... our rotation includes:

1 senior (not including CJ Cole because he's going to play sparingly)
6 guys playing their second year of D-1 college basketball (who played back-up roles last year) ... only two of whom played any meaningful minutes last year
5 guys playing their first year of D-1 college basketball

Kansas, on the other hand, has two seniors and two juniors starting, all four of whom have played significant minutes while at Kansas.

For all those who are up in arms about our record at this point, let's just look at this ... our rotation includes:

1 senior (not including CJ Cole because he's going to play sparingly)
6 guys playing their second year of D-1 college basketball (who played back-up roles last year) ... only two of whom played any meaningful minutes last year
5 guys playing their first year of D-1 college basketball

Kansas, on the other hand, has two seniors and two juniors starting, all four of whom have played significant minutes while at Kansas.

Which of those are Lattin?

I think it's much too early to be giving up on Christian James. I believe we'll see the player we all expected him to be this season – and I expect it to occur sooner rather than later.

(Oh, and my vote would go to "deliberately obtuse").

Back