OU vs #24 North Carolina 8:30pm 12/19

Good lord, I really hope we can pull this one out, although if i'm honest, I don't think we will. WE haven't shown much fight against worthy opponents as of late, and UNC might be the most athletic team we've faced so far, and it's basically on their home court. If we can't compete with them, then I dread how we do in Big 12 play, tbh, as UNC probably isn't even as good as UT, Baylor and KSU (who has already beat them, btw).

I feel the same way, Soonerguy. But maybe 4th place in the Big 12 won't be too bad for this team.

Good lord, I really hope we can pull this one out, although if i'm honest, I don't think we will. WE haven't shown much fight against worthy opponents as of late, and UNC might be the most athletic team we've faced so far, and it's basically on their home court. If we can't compete with them, then I dread how we do in Big 12 play, tbh, as UNC probably isn't even as good as UT, Baylor and KSU (who has already beat them, btw).

Well, at least you're being honest. ;)

I’m not confident 4th place in the Big 12 is even remotely possible at this point.

Not much hope for the outcome tonight unless some big-time magic materializes out of nowhere.

Maybe the layoff will help us right the ship.

Still, a trickle of hope DOES exist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
First time I’ve had a chance to see the women this year. They look awful. Worse then when SC was here. Looks like I’m watching a bad intramural game. No clue how they’ve won 6 games so far. Maybe just a bad night ��*♂️

After the 1st quarter we were awful on offense. We actually played defense fine...forced 23 turnovers. But we couldn't get any easy shots on offense and not having a center that could create any post offense left us shooting 3s that we couldn't make. We have really taken a big step backwards in the last month.

Yeah, last night was just plain BAD! We only scored 4 points the entire 3rd quarter, so whatever JB is saying in the locker room at halftime ain't workin' in the least! It was like UNC made adjustments against us on defense, but JB and her 'staff' had absolutely no plan B, and she made zero adjustments for us when it was very evident we weren't going to be hitting from outside. I mean, we went something like 1-24 from 3pr, but we just kept shooting them! That is literally the definition of insanity - doing to same thing over and over again and expecting a different result! We didn't set up any good XO type plays that created backdoor cuts, etc to get us going offensively and just blindly shot the ball, as though we hadn't practiced at all since our last game. Our posts have not developed, and honestly have gotten worse since last season (Culliton), and we seemingly have zero players willing to attempt a midrange jumper, expect Verhulst once or twice a game, which I don't understand. I honestly don't know how we only lost by 9 last night only scoring 4 pts in the 3rd quarter, but perhaps that's more of a reflection of UNC. At this time I don't see us being an NCAA tourney team, even close. Some high school teams could have beat us handedly last night!
I think we are seeing what JB is going to do for our program down the line. I just hope if things continue in this direction, and we revert back to the team we were 3-5 seasons ago, and at the bottom of the conference again, Joe C. isn't as patient with our staff as he was with SC, who should have left much earlier than she did. Fortunately, JB doesn't have as sizeable a contract buyout as I'm assuming SC would have had, so it'll be that much easier to let her go, if she doesn't' turn this sinking ship around ASAP.

Yeah, last night was just plain BAD! We only scored 4 points the entire 3rd quarter, so whatever JB is saying in the locker room at halftime ain't workin' in the least! It was like UNC made adjustments against us on defense, but JB and her 'staff' had absolutely no plan B, and she made zero adjustments for us when it was very evident we weren't going to be hitting from outside. I mean, we went something like 1-24 from 3pr, but we just kept shooting them! That is literally the definition of insanity - doing to same thing over and over again and expecting a different result! We didn't set up any good XO type plays that created backdoor cuts, etc to get us going offensively and just blindly shot the ball, as though we hadn't practiced at all since our last game. Our posts have not developed, and honestly have gotten worse since last season (Culliton), and we seemingly have zero players willing to attempt a midrange jumper, expect Verhulst once or twice a game, which I don't understand. I honestly don't know how we only lost by 9 last night only scoring 4 pts in the 3rd quarter, but perhaps that's more of a reflection of UNC. At this time I don't see us being an NCAA tourney team, even close. Some high school teams could have beat us handedly last night!
I think we are seeing what JB is going to do for our program down the line. I just hope if things continue in this direction, and we revert back to the team we were 3-5 seasons ago, and at the bottom of the conference again, Joe C. isn't as patient with our staff as he was with SC, who should have left much earlier than she did. Fortunately, JB doesn't have as sizeable a contract buyout as I'm assuming SC would have had, so it'll be that much easier to let her go, if she doesn't' turn this sinking ship around ASAP.

If I didn't know that Jennie is a happily married woman, I'd probably think she stole your girlfriend.

If I didn't know that Jennie is a happily married woman, I'd probably think she stole your girlfriend.

You know there are always some posters you can count on when you are looking for a negative comment.

Good Lord guys you cannot logically defend that North Carolina debacle in any possible way. 4 points in a quarter… unheard of in women’s college basketball game ever…or in this current age for a major program.

After a long layoff with plenty of time to prepare?

The wheels didn’t just come off against NC, they broke off and shot over the cliff to basketball infamy!

Jennie has been a breath of fresh air for this program, but she has definitely produced a clunker of a team so far this season.

The absence of an adequate 5 is damning in an amazing way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure what we expected, after losing 3 long term starters to graduation, the heart and soul of the team so to speak, and then losing Liz to injury really hurt. If I were coach I would start either Johnson or Allen at center, and the third center only plays if there's foul trouble. Johnson shows me flashes once in a while, and if she played 25 min a game who knows what might happen. And Allen will get better, much better, right now she's young. I would never make Vann play the 5 she's a forward not a center.
Sahara needs more time, and less pounds, hopefully that will come in the off season.
And this team will always live and die by the 3, nights when we shoot 50% from 3 we will be hard to beat.
Jennie will get it done, but it will take time.

Defend JB right now all you want but I think in the losses we have had it has been clear that we were out coached because no adjustments were made when things were not working. One thing with SC was that she was a solid XO coach and you could tell when she actually drew up plays. Instead she just tells them to shoot, shoot, shoot. And when you are only scoring four points in a quarter, something ain't right. Make fun at me all you want, You all probably didn't even watch the game otherwise I think you would agree.

As I've previously said, this will be a rough season of many ups and downs, it's just not going to be fun watching it. I'm sure next season will be better. JB does need to pursue a center in the meantime if the spot becomes open for one on the roster.

Back