OU vs Tech

I would set the probability we go in winless in conference at about 10%. No matter the outcome of the game tomorrow.

It takes one hot shooting night from OU and one off night from anyone in the conference for us to win a game in Norman.

I kinda think Baylor in Norman will be a W.

I would set the probability we go in winless in conference at about 10%. No matter the outcome of the game tomorrow.

It takes one hot shooting night from OU and one off night from anyone in the conference for us to win a game in Norman.

I kinda think Baylor in Norman will be a W.

The problem becomes that with so many losses in a row, the team can "forget how to win".

The problem becomes that with so many losses in a row, the team can "forget how to win".

Or just give up. Once the double-digit losses start to mount and the press starts putting pressure on Capel, it would be really easy for them to give up.

Will we really get to count this as a High Major/Conference Victory if we win?

Will feel more like a matchup of Central Oklahoma vs. West Texas A&M

I'm afraid, very afraid of what will happen if OU loses this game...

we need to move this thread to the smack talk thread.

IMO we have a chance in the following games:
Tech
@ tech
colorado
@ isu
nebraska
osu

We would have to play great but I would not be surprised if we won those games. I think we start seeing some good improvement. If we keep giving neal and cj more minutes we will be much better

Last edited:

Tech
@ tech
colorado
@ isu
nebraska
osu

We would have to play great but I would not be surprised if we won those games. I think we start seeing some good improvement. If we keep giving neal and cj more minutes we will be much better

Have you been following Big XII basketball? CU is undefeated. ISU has some respectable wins on the season (compared to OU). Additionally ISU has historically been a tough venue for OU>

Have you been following Big XII basketball? CU is undefeated. ISU has some respectable wins on the season (compared to OU). Additionally ISU has historically been a tough venue for OU>

yeah they have some nice wins. It still wouldn't surprise me to win those games

Tech
@ tech
colorado
@ isu
nebraska
osu

You must be still in football season mode. No chance to win any of these games except the Tech game Tuesday night and that is a very miniscule chance.

You must be still in football season mode. No chance to win any of these games except the Tech game Tuesday night and that is a very miniscule chance.
I'm not saying we win all those games but I think those are among the most winnable games. If we win 3 or 4 of those I wouldn't be shocked. I still think we win 2 games in conference play.

If we only lose by 1 or2 and play hard will it be a moral victory??

If we only lose by 1 or2 and play hard will it be a moral victory??

nope, if we lose that is the point i give up hope for this season. And by that i have been preaching for the last month and a half that there is no way we go 0-16. If we lose tomorrow then it becomes reality.

If we lose by 10+, is there any reason Capel should keep is job? Personally, I want him gone. He recruited the situation we are in.

The experts (or is it gurus?) spoke. Guess someone forgot to listen. :ez-laugh:

The single most common trait possessed by serial pessimists in sports, is that they fail to take into account that teams change as the season progresses. Some teams get worse, but usually they get better. When you have a very young team who has not played much together, that improvement curve can be very steep. The steeper that curve gets, the greater the propensity for serial pessimists to look really stupid.

(If you took that personally, well...I don't know what to tell you.)

The single most common trait possessed by serial pessimists in sports, is that they fail to take into account that teams change as the season progresses. Some teams get worse, but usually they get better. When you have a very young team who has not played much together, that improvement curve can be very steep. The steeper that curve gets, the greater the propensity for serial pessimists to look really stupid.

(If you took that personally, well...I don't know what to tell you.)

This

Back