OU Wichita State Recap/Box/Notes/Photos/Highlights

There are a few remarkable items in those Notes. I'll avoid posting spoilers but y'all should read them.

Why were the announcers today saying this was our first true road game? How was today's game any more of a road game than, say, our matchup with USC or the game against Portland?

There are a few remarkable items in those Notes. I'll avoid posting spoilers but y'all should read them.

Why were the announcers today saying this was our first true road game? How was today's game any more of a road game than, say, our matchup with USC or the game against Portland?

USC wasn’t at their arena. It was at the staples center which was a “neutral” site. Like how playing at the all college tournament back in the day wouldn’t have been a “home” game for us. Just semantics, mostly.

I'm confused. That arena had "Wichita State" and "Wheatshockers" painted all over the place.

Any way you slice it doesn't matter. That should be considered a true road win.

I'm confused. That arena had "Wichita State" and "Wheatshockers" painted all over the place.

Any way you slice it doesn't matter. That should be considered a true road win.

It was. The usc game wasn’t, though.

USC wasn’t at their arena. It was at the staples center which was a “neutral” site. Like how playing at the all college tournament back in the day wouldn’t have been a “home” game for us. Just semantics, mostly.

We had been told yesterday's game was to be played at a neutral site, like our game last year against WSU. You're saying that was WSU's own arena? If so, that's a bum arrangement that never should have been made.

Not even remotely a neutral site. Had WSU logos everywhere on the court. Add to that the arena seated 5k more than their home court.

Not even remotely a neutral site. Had WSU logos everywhere on the court. Add to that the arena seated 5k more than their home court.

So it wasn't their home court? That makes it a neutral court then. I don't care about the logos; I care about the player's familiarity with the court, the lighting, the sightlines, etc. If that wasn't the Shockers' home court, then it wasn't a true road game any more than the USC game, the Portland game or last year's OU-WSU game were.

So it wasn't their home court? That makes it a neutral court then. I don't care about the logos; I care about the player's familiarity with the court, the lighting, the sightlines, etc. If that wasn't the Shockers' home court, then it wasn't a true road game any more than the USC game, the Portland game or last year's OU-WSU game were.

Looks like I was wrong. The game was played at Intrust Arena in Wichita, but their home court is actually Charles Koch arena. My bad.

Toby Rowland and others addressed this. Even though it was not played on WSU's campus, it is considered a true road game for OU's RPI purposes. That's all that matters. The USC game was different because it was part of a three-game event and USC didn't control ticket sales.

Toby Rowland and others addressed this. Even though it was not played on WSU's campus, it is considered a true road game for OU's RPI purposes. That's all that matters. The USC game was different because it was part of a three-game event and USC didn't control ticket sales.

That's pretty silly, but what the heck, if it helps our RPI, it's fine by me.

We had been told yesterday's game was to be played at a neutral site, like our game last year against WSU. You're saying that was WSU's own arena? If so, that's a bum arrangement that never should have been made.

Shockers play in on-campus arena and Intrust Arena is downtown (which is literally about 3 miles from campus). I was at conference in Wichita in November. We stayed downtown and conference was at WSU.

Just read that it was supposed to be @ WSU but ESPN asked them to move it to Intrust Arena for coverage.

Back