OU vs Wichita St 6pm 12/29

I'm concerned about the 20 plus turnovers in every game. I watched this Wichita State game and feel like their turnovers are happening because they are playing at a faster pace. Yes, we are still winning, but in Big 12 play, those turnovers are going to hurt us.
I do like the faster play though....Lot of fun to watch. Back door cuts are impressive. Coach is doing her job well. I'm always looking forward to the next game.

I too would like to see the TO rate go down. But looking at Drake's last 2 seasons we might need to learn that she is going to accept a high TO rate as neccesary ill of her pace of play. In 2019 her 22-8 team averaged 17.8 TOs averaging 1.3 more than her opponents and in 2020 her 18-12 team had 18.4 TOs with 3.5 more.

But hopefully the TOs are a concern she will address and get them down to a more reasonable number.

Last edited:
SOME of the turnovers against Wichita was because of the players who were getting extended playing time for the first time with starters. We were down 3 starters from just a few games ago. Plus a new system and fast pace is going to increase the number of turnovers. But i do agree, as the year goes along and we get 2 starters back, we really need to cut down on TOs.

Hopefully we will get Gabby and Ana back sooner rather than later. But from what I have read Ana's return is long term rather than short term so I am not expecting really anything from Ana in 2021-22 with the conference season starting January 2 and the CCG scheduled for March 13.

Ana is done for the year. She could come back next year as could Maddie and Taylor. Really impressed with Coach J, girls play really hard and fast. If you asked me before the season if we beat Wichita State without Anna, Maddie or Tot I'd have said no way.

Back