OUHoops TV: 2011 recruit Thomas Gipson

Henzo

Reaction score
2011 >>> Thomas Gipson, Power Forward, 6-6, 235, Cedar Hill, TX
Dates Scouted: 7.11.09 and 9.28.09
School Offer List: OU, OSU, SMU, Iowa State

OUHoops.com on Gipson: September, 2009: Right now projects as mid to high major. Looked as though he may have grown since we saw him last. Lack of height is the only thing holding him back from being one of the top bigs in his class. Gipson is built like a mac truck, and uses his powerful frame to bully smaller post defenders. He is a lefty with a soft touch around the rim. Has a good stroke from the free throw line. Does a nice job of sealing his man in order to gain good post position. Soft hands. Could improve his conditioning. Needs to work on using his right hand. Needs to further develop counter post moves. Average explosiveness. Nice passer for a big man. Good attitude during this tournament.

Link: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkaTVxOFHo8"]OUHoops.com TV: Thomas Gipson[/ame]

The guy has massive arms. I have seen him play, and I really came away impressed with his halfcourt offense. If he were 6-8ish then he would be in the top 100 in all the major recruiting sites.

I think the heighth issue with post players in college is a little overrated, now the NBA is a different story, but in college ball a 6-7 PF can dominate. Just look at Blair last year, the 2nd best PF in the country and best player in the big east. If Gipson is long and strong, plus knows how to use his body, he can be a great player.

I think the heighth issue with post players in college is a little overrated, now the NBA is a different story, but in college ball a 6-7 PF can dominate. Just look at Blair last year, the 2nd best PF in the country and best player in the big east. If Gipson is long and strong, plus knows how to use his body, he can be a great player.

It would be interesting to know Gipson's wingspan.

Needs to get rid of that shirt

Glad to have you posting here, ou-sooners. Hope to see you doing it more often!

Just a note, his team is the Cedar Hill Longhorns. So, he's technically wearing his high school logo.

Back