Things just got interesting!

Cam Clark was inconsistent but a better overall talent than TT. Will be interesting to see how TT & Spango play together. We should be a very good rebounding team but still a little undersized for any real on the block offense.

IMO Cousins is the most important piece. He's the guy who can elevate our team with all around athleticism and versatility.

Thomas started for the Houston team that held Roe and Fitz to a combined 15 points on 6-27 shooting in the 2011 All college. Just FYI

Last edited:
Walker will be fine. He already has an outside shot, and a good one. He shot 40% from three on a Iowa Western team that was the #1 seed in the juco national tourney last year.

Despite his 0-3 shooting from three in today's game, I like what I saw of him in all other areas. He was 4-9 from the field with 8 points and 5 boards. Not a bad first game for a reserve who only played 15 minutes.
The only real complaint was that he got in foul trouble the first half leaving him to be benched till the 2nd half. He was great in his 2nd half minutes.

Walker will be fine. He already has an outside shot, and a good one. He shot 40% from three on a Iowa Western team that was the #1 seed in the juco national tourney last year.

Despite his 0-3 shooting from three in today's game, I like what I saw of him in all other areas. He was 4-9 from the field with 8 points and 5 boards. Not a bad first game for a reserve who only played 15 minutes.

Honestly you don't often see JUCO guys who look that comfortable that quickly. If he holds his own against Creighton then that would be an exceptionally fast transition for a JUCO player.

Boca, cam is a more talented than a career 16 and 9 player?

In a game where people were underwhelmed with his overall performance, I saw thomas do something I haven't seen a big man do at ou since Blake.

I'm referring to the play where he went between the legs and crossed over, his defender literally fell to the ground, Thomas proceeded to drive the lane finishing with his left hand, and-1. This is an NBA quality forward.

Last edited:
Boca, cam is a more talented than a career 16 and 9 player?

In a game where people were underwhelmed with his overall performance, I saw tayshawn do something I haven't seen a big man do at ou since Blake.

I'm referring to the play where he went between the legs and crossed over, his defender literally fell to the ground, Thomas proceeded to drive the lane finishing with his left hand, and-1. This is an NBA quality forward.
Osby probably did something like that some also. But your point is correct. Thomas is a lot better than Clark. I liked some of the things I saw from Lattin too.

Clark a better overall talent in playing the four? You can't be serious. Are you basing that on one game when TT barely had time to get dressed after he learned he would be in the lineup? How many games did you see him play last year?

Cam was a three who did an admirable job of holding his own against bigger, stronger players. But, there is no way he was a better rebounder, better defender and better low post scorer than Thomas. He'll prove you wrong in the not too distant future.

Did I say playing the 4? I guarantee if you had a contest which of them could touch the highest part of the backboard Clark wins ... easily. Go and look at the team picture. Tell me Thomas is 6'8". He's not. Clark averaged 15.6 and 5.5. If we get 12 and 7 out of Thomas that will be great.

He's a great addition to fill a gaping hole but any step forward will be all about the guards. Especially Counsins and Woodard.

Osby probably did something like that some also. But your point is correct. Thomas is a lot better than Clark. I liked some of the things I saw from Lattin too.

You are right, Nick! Ro was a beast! I somewhat forgot about him inexplicably...

I think the most impressive thing to me was the off-hand finish while being fouled.

Did I say playing the 4? I guarantee if you had a contest which of them could touch the highest part of the backboard Clark wins ... easily. Go and look at the team picture. Tell me Thomas is 6'8". He's not. Clark averaged 15.6 and 5.5. If we get 12 and 7 out of Thomas that will be great.

He's a great addition to fill a gaping hole but any step forward will be all about the guards. Especially Counsins and Woodard.

That stat line from Thomas would make me ecstatic. Even if we get 10 & 6 I will be happy.

Thomas's competition last season was every bit as good as what he'll face this year. I expect him to post really good numbers.

You didn't have to say the four. That's the position Cam played on last year's team, albeit more of a four-three because he was capable of going outside to shoot the three.

My point is that Thomas will be a much better fit on this year's team. Even if he is not a true 6' 8" (and most of us know the actual size is almost always shorter by an inch or more of the listed height), he is better suited, by far, to go inside and give us another threat to score from the post than Cam Clark. That's not a knock on Cam, it's just a fact that he was at a disadvantage size wise to play the post.

This teams didn't need another perimeter shooter. We've already got an abundance of players who can score from three or on pull up jumpers from fifteen feet or more. Thomas fills the void we had last year, a player with the size and strength to rebound, defend and score inside.

Thomas's competition last season was every bit as good as what he'll face this year. I expect him to post really good numbers.

I don't think he'll be close to last year's numbers just by virtue of the talent he has around him that he didn't have at Houston. But he will put up much better numbers than anyone else we would have started at the 4 this season, and is capable of a double double any night.

Back