ouinsider.com

what a board that has different opinions and doesnt continually pump sun shine?

We are horrible! WOW IT LOOKS LIKE WERE TRYING TO LOSE. How much did Houston pay Capel to tell his players to turn it over every possession and not play any defense at all?

what a board that has different opinions and doesnt continually pump sun shine?

Being negative and offering substantive criticism is one thing, but acting like a jackass and using this board as an outlet for your frustrations is something I would rather not see here.

I understand the premise of the OP, because frankly I hardly even go to that board anymore...That being said, even diehard fans can question the product that's on the floor, particularly for those people that pay good money to see it...

I do agree though, OUI is an insane asylum and I would hate to see this place turn into that..

I second the original motion. It's one thing to discuss the deficiencies of the team, but it's another to be a total douche and spout venom at the players and coaches for no reason.

I agree. Some of the people on this board need to chill. This season isn't over yet, and maybe whining on the boards about how much we suck doesn't help anything? Just a thought...

Being negative and offering substantive criticism is one thing, but acting like a jackass and using this board as an outlet for your frustrations is something I would rather not see here.

Exactly! If starting threads to say the team sucks is what posters want to do, maybe they need to go to a board where comments like that are permitted. It's not going to happen here!

You mean something like Tubbs>Sampson<Capel noting Sampson still in the center of the equation? (just a joke)

Guys I apologize for starting that I'll advised ABD thread last night that turned into the Capel/Kelvin discussion. That was dumb, and I'm embarassed.

You're forgiven, seniorsooner. :D A lot of things were said in the heat of the moment last night. That is to be expected.

Still, the fans on this board are better than any I have been on over the years. We're passionate about our hoops, and things aren't going our way right now. I'm optimistic it will get better, though.

If the world were perfect OU would never lose a game in any sport and would have nothing to complain about. But complaining about how your teams play is a national pastime for all American sports fans. Especially ones that aren't playing good.

The site so far is a model. It hasn't degenerated into calling for coaches to be fired nor into calling each other idiots. At the same time, it's not heavy handed on what is considered contributing discussion. It might be too much to expect that to last, but a tolerant and open discussion is somewhat self-policing.

Jesus...no one is calling for pink slips and no one is going after any player in a derogatory manner. Does make me laugh, that when we lose to three mid-major teams, that it is not ok to to critique the team....when Capel is saying the EXACT same thing behind closed doors.

Hey if people are getting personal about players and coaches, fine get rid of their post. But on the other hand, there is enough knowledge from posters who have played/coached at the high school/collegiate level that they can be critical. Censoring those posts makes this site worthless and needs to be used loosely.

The powers that be built a great site for OU Basketball, however, success breeds success and that is going to attract a new crowd as it grows in popularity. Comes with the territory.

Perhaps put a limit on the number of threads one can start in a day? I am using the ignore feature but unfortunately it continues to show all threads and their annoyingly negative titles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back