Pat Knight talks about cheating in radio interview

How about you just tell us what he said. :)

How about you just tell us what he said. :)

He said everyone cheats because its way too easy no matter how many rules they make, that he knows lots of "scum bags" that get a lot of cred with the media for being great coaches, that he doesn't cheat because he doesnt want a player having power over him and that his dad would kill him for cheating... Also said that everyone will continue to cheat until they give a program or coach the "death penalty", and said that if a player is attached to an AAU coach, another player, etc that they stop recruiting them right there.

Last edited:
I have a feeling that we don't really want to know how much cheating goes on in college sports recruiting.

I have a feeling that we don't really want to know how much cheating goes on in college sports recruiting.

Exactly.

And not to open up this can of beans again, but that is why I had a hard time getting TOO mad at Kelvin. He was/is small potatos in the grand scheme of things.

He said everyone cheats because its way too easy no matter how many rules they make, that he knows lots of "scum bags" that get a lot of cred with the media for being great coaches, that he doesn't cheat because he doesnt want a player having power over him and that his dad would kill him for cheating... Also said that everyone will continue to cheat until they give a program or coach the "death penalty", and said that if a player is attached to an AAU coach, another player, etc that they stop recruiting them right there.

Damn I have mad respect for him now, he won't be coaching long. Yup the cheating is crazy and yes a ton of big time coaches do it. We are talking $$$ direct, not the BS KU hiring practices.

Yeah, I read some 'insider' post a while back that every coach in college basketball cheated except for Bobby Knight.

Back