Pick your starting 5

Cade is an energy off the bench player. If you start him, you lose that. He is a come off the bench hustle energy guy, not a starter.

TMG
Warren
Crocker
Fitz
Tiny

I'm not exactly confident in TMG either. I wouldn't mind going with Willis over him. Have Crocker, Davis, Willis, Fitz, Tiny. Who cares who plays where. They just need to stop people.
I don't think this lineup would work, as we probably have to have either TMG or WW on the court to handle the ball against full court pressure.

I'll go with...
TMG
WW
Crocker
Fitz
Tiny

It's really hard to pick 5 guys that are good enough and deserve to play right now. It's easier to pick guys that I would like to remove from the lineup or keep off the floor all together.

1. Willie Warren kills us. He doesn't play defense. He turns the ball over 5 times a game lately. Not only that, but the times he forces it and turns it over leads to fastbreaks....which is when he doesn't run back. Thats easily 10 points a game that he gives up by himself. As talented as he is, and one of the most talented players in college right now, he does more to hurt us than help us right now. His pathetic attitude is contagious. I can't say I want him to start. I think our best game as a team was the one when Capel benched him.

2. Ryan Wright. I love the guy, but he is just always a step behind. He has no ability on the offensive end, no moves, just the ability to dunk if everything is set up perfectly for him. On defense, where I thought he would help us the most he seems to give up layups plus a foul all the time, can't defend the pick and roll and is a below average rebounder. I can't say I'd like him to start.

3. Tiny. He's a mess right now. Walking off the line. Skipping practice. Breaking backboards (you can't tell me that was an accident, otherwise it would have happened before). He barely played yesterday. He's in the doghouse. He doesn't deserve to start.

That's 3 of our main 7 that have played this year.

So I guess that leaves this group.

1. TMG - one of our biggest problems defensively, but solid offensively.
2. Crock - a guy known for being inconsistent has been this teams most consistent.
3. Cade - can't buy a 3 most nights, but at least he give effort every night and plays D.
4. Fitz - I've liked this guy from day 1. Has a motor and can score. He deserves a shot.
5. Orlando - At least he cares. At least he will give his best. Plus he's all thats left.

I like Pledger too and he seems to play hard most nights, but he's a big reason our transition defense is so bad. He just isn't very quick and has trouble getting back.

I think Willis has earned a start as has Fitz again. Those 2 played hard on the defensive end all night last night while WW would barely hold his hands up, and his head for that fact. WW needs a wakeup call and maybe not starting him will do that.

I say start Fitz, Tiny, TMG, Willis, and Crock

I think Willis has earned a start as has Fitz again. Those 2 played hard on the defensive end all night last night while WW would barely hold his hands up, and his head for that fact. WW needs a wakeup call and maybe not starting him will do that.

I completely agree with you. It is frustrating to see Willie play absolutely no D. Hopefully Coach sees this as an opportunity to teach him and will not start him a few times to get the lesson across.

Last edited:
Start Beau, I know he will give a 110% all game.

It's really hard to pick 5 guys that are good enough and deserve to play right now. It's easier to pick guys that I would like to remove from the lineup or keep off the floor all together.

1. Willie Warren kills us. He doesn't play defense. He turns the ball over 5 times a game lately. Not only that, but the times he forces it and turns it over leads to fastbreaks....which is when he doesn't run back. Thats easily 10 points a game that he gives up by himself. As talented as he is, and one of the most talented players in college right now, he does more to hurt us than help us right now. His pathetic attitude is contagious. I can't say I want him to start. I think our best game as a team was the one when Capel benched him.

2. Ryan Wright. I love the guy, but he is just always a step behind. He has no ability on the offensive end, no moves, just the ability to dunk if everything is set up perfectly for him. On defense, where I thought he would help us the most he seems to give up layups plus a foul all the time, can't defend the pick and roll and is a below average rebounder. I can't say I'd like him to start.

3. Tiny. He's a mess right now. Walking off the line. Skipping practice. Breaking backboards (you can't tell me that was an accident, otherwise it would have happened before). He barely played yesterday. He's in the doghouse. He doesn't deserve to start.

That's 3 of our main 7 that have played this year.

So I guess that leaves this group.

1. TMG - one of our biggest problems defensively, but solid offensively.
2. Crock - a guy known for being inconsistent has been this teams most consistent.
3. Cade - can't buy a 3 most nights, but at least he give effort every night and plays D.
4. Fitz - I've liked this guy from day 1. Has a motor and can score. He deserves a shot.
5. Orlando - At least he cares. At least he will give his best. Plus he's all thats left.

I like Pledger too and he seems to play hard most nights, but he's a big reason our transition defense is so bad. He just isn't very quick and has trouble getting back.

It really irked me when I saw Tiny walk off while Fitz was shooting his free throws.I don't know what caused him to do that but that was really bush league for him to do. Benching those three that you mentioned would be a good thing in my opinion. I would go as far as benching them for a few games to see if that will get them to wake up.

I agree with this. When WW starts playing D he can have his starting job back!

ay I'd like him to start.

Why are you making these statements about these kids without knowing the facts behind it. Is it possible he made an honest mistake walking away from the line? and missing practice, you said skipping practice, could there have been a reason he missed practice, flights, storm, family issues, etc.,

Tired to break the backboard?... for real? :tinyhead WOOOOWWW!

Start Beau, I know he will give a 110% all game.

And we will lose by 50 points. Would you like to lose by 50 points, Sam? Because personally I do not want to lose by 50 points.

Back