Post Game Quotes >>> Soonersports

Sam

Reaction score
Capel
Opening comment:
“First of all, congrats to A&M. They’re a good team, very well coached, mature, very good leadership on the floor. They have a group that seems like they’re all about winning. I thought we did some good things in spurts, but when you’re playing against this kind of team it’s not good enough to do it in spurts -- you have to do it all the time. I thought we did a decent job in the first half offensively; our defense was something to be desired all game long. We have to get better there, but the second half I was disappointed. I thought we let the fact that we didn’t score as well in the second half really affect our defense, especially late there in the game. We’ll learn from this, we’ll get better. Our schedule doesn’t get any easier. This league is a very tough league, but we’ll be prepared and we’ll be ready to go out and play well on Tuesday.”

Cade Davis
On the Sooner’s offensive performance:
“We just didn’t execute. Our screening was off; I think part of that was our defense. We lacked on defense, we weren’t getting rebounds and we weren’t getting out and pushing it in transition. They were making their shots and executing and they were running on us and getting layups, so that takes us out of what we’re wanting to do a little bit. We we’re slow getting into the offensive flow.”

Andrew Fitzgerald
On having to play behind the whole game:
“The majority of the game we were playing catch-up; just really trying to fight and play as hard as we could, trying to catch up. But when you’re down to a team like that it’s hard to catch up.”

Full Quotes

"They have a group that seems like they’re all about winning."

Um yeah Coach that's the point of playing.

Lets not forget that aTm is ranked 16 in the country.

Let's also not forget that they are one of the least talented top 6 to 7 teams in the conference. The guys at ATM can play basketball but that are not five star can't miss recruits.

Let's also not forget that they are one of the least talented top 6 to 7 teams in the conference. The guys at ATM can play basketball but that are not five star can't miss recruits.

What is your point....Because they are still ranked in the top 25. You can state who they have but the voters obviously think they are better than a cincy team who was undefeated(til today when they faced Nova).

Your right though about them not being can't miss recruits...but they are what OU is looking to become next season but better. They are consistently around the top 6 of the big 12 b/c they don't have to rebuild b/c they never lose anyone to draft early.

I personally don't mind if we have to rebuild every once in awhile. That usually means that we had top players who entered the draft and gave us a chance to be a team who could go to the final 4 instead of a team that is playing for 5th to 7th place in the big 12. Did it pan out last year...no...but if those 3 guys would have stayed this year...do I think it would have panned out....Hell yeah I do.

I will give Capel another year to rebuild if that means that he can give us a team that can compete in the ncaa tourney. Our roster isn't even complete for next season and I'm already excited about what we have returning and the 2 players(so far) that has coming in.

Back