Preseason Conditioning Post-Test Results

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From the OU Basketball Blog.

PRESEASON CONDITIONING POST-TEST RESULTS
The Sooners concluded their preseason conditioning last week. Here are some of the top marks from Friday's various post-testing categories (Tiny Gallon did not participate due to a minor injury):

Body Fat
Ray Willis: 4.7 percent
Cade Davis: 5.1 percent
T.J. Franklin: 6.9 percent
Ryan Wright: 8.2 percent

Vertical Jump (one step, off two feet)
Ryan Wright: 39.5 inches
Tony Crocker: 37.4 inches
Cade Davis: 36.9 inches
T.J. Franklin: 35.3 inches
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 34.1 inches

Vertical Jump (no limit on steps, off one foot)
Tony Crocker: 43.5 inches
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 39.5 inches
T.J. Franklin: 39.0 inches
Willie Warren: 38.0 inches
Ryan Wright: 37.5 inches
Ray Willis: 37.0 inches

185-Pound Bench Press Rep Max
Barry Honoré: 21 reps
Ryan Wright: 19 reps
Cade Davis: 16 reps
T.J. Franklin: 15 reps
Beau Gerber: 14 reps
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 13 reps
Willie Warren: 13 reps

Wingspan
Orlando Allen: 7 feet, 4.5 inches
Andrew Fitzgerald: 7 feet, 2 inches
Barry Honoré: 7 feet, one-half inch
Kyle Hardrick: 7 feet
Ray Willis: 6 feet, 11 inches

How is Cade "two left feet" Davis showing up on all these athletic measurable test. He must have not got the memo that he's unathletic.

I'm stronger than all these guys. I'm throwing up 225 19 times. Now if I could just lose about 10 more lbs.

I'm impressed with Ryan Wright's verticals. That's hard to do for a guy his size.

Hey Dirty, just noticed your new quote is about me. How nice. I'm flattered.

How is Cade "two left feet" Davis showing up on all these athletic measurable test. He must have not got the memo that he's unathletic.

T.J. Franklin is showing up on them too. Wanna bet how many meaningful minutes he sees on the court this year?

I've been worrying about Fitz' size some. With that wing span, he'll be fine.

My thoughts:

Andrew Fitzgerald- I dont care if he is 6'5'', he will be fine with a 7'2'' wingspan.

Tony- Wow, 43 inch vertical. We never really see that because he cant handle the ball, thus we never see him making big plays at the rim.

Barry- Strongest guy on team, good shooter at 6'8'', over 7 foot wingspan. NICE!

Willie- First he never makes any lists voted on by the team (hardest worker, leader, etc) and now he is pretty unimpressive with the physical stuff. He must be one of those guys that is awesome when the lights turn on.

Willie- First he never makes any lists voted on by the team (hardest worker, leader, etc) and now he is pretty unimpressive with the physical stuff. He must be one of those guys that is awesome when the lights turn on.

WW went took a full minute off of his mile time within a couple of weeks. That tell me he probably didn't go all out at first.

PRESEASON CONDITIONING POST-TEST RESULTS
The Sooners concluded their preseason conditioning last week. Here are some of the top marks from Friday's various post-testing categories (Tiny Gallon did not participate due to a minor injury):

Body Fat
Ray Willis: 4.7 percent
Cade Davis: 5.1 percent
T.J. Franklin: 6.9 percent
Ryan Wright: 8.2 percent

Vertical Jump (one step, off two feet)
Ryan Wright: 39.5 inches
Tony Crocker: 37.4 inches
Cade Davis: 36.9 inches
T.J. Franklin: 35.3 inches
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 34.1 inches

Vertical Jump (no limit on steps, off one foot)
Tony Crocker: 43.5 inches
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 39.5 inches
T.J. Franklin: 39.0 inches
Willie Warren: 38.0 inches
Ryan Wright: 37.5 inches
Ray Willis: 37.0 inches

185-Pound Bench Press Rep Max
Barry Honoré: 21 reps
Ryan Wright: 19 reps
Cade Davis: 16 reps
T.J. Franklin: 15 reps
Beau Gerber: 14 reps
Tommy Mason-Griffin: 13 reps
Willie Warren: 13 reps

Wingspan
Orlando Allen: 7 feet, 4.5 inches
Andrew Fitzgerald: 7 feet, 2 inches
Barry Honoré: 7 feet, one-half inch
Kyle Hardrick: 7 feet
Ray Willis: 6 feet, 11 inches

Ummmm.... does anyone else think some of these numbers aren't quite accurate? The max vertical, in particular, looks dubious. Why do I say this? Tony Crocker's max vertical would be the second best EVER at the NBA combine. TMG's would be up with Johnny Flynn's as the best last year.

Honoré is up with Blake Griffin on the bench press, and has a longer wingspan...

Orlando Allen's wingspan would only have been behind Thabeet's in last year's draft.. and Fitzgerald's height and length are EXACTLY like DeJuan Blair's (!!!!!) I would have liked to see his leap and bench numbers...

Ummmm.... does anyone else think some of these numbers aren't quite accurate? The max vertical, in particular, looks dubious. Why do I say this? Tony Crocker's max vertical would be the second best EVER at the NBA combine. TMG's would be up with Johnny Flynn's as the best last year.

Honoré is up with Blake Griffin on the bench press, and has a longer wingspan...

Orlando Allen's wingspan would only have been behind Thabeet's in last year's draft.. and Fitzgerald's height and length are EXACTLY like DeJuan Blair's (!!!!!) I would have liked to see his leap and bench numbers...

The numbers are dubious. good point. Kinda like College 40 times. But they're accurate as far as who's the best at those test on the team. At their practice gym site they have handprints of the higest mark touched on the backboard from last year. Those numbers are pretty much identical to these.

If they are inaccurate, then it is a flaw in the testing and not a fudging of the numbers. Houck takes a lot of pride in having his measurables be accurate.

You cannot compare the vertical numbers with a running start off one foot, to the NBA testing numbers. They do the NBA vert tests off two feet with one step.

Tony Crocker's NBA tested vertical would be 37.4 according to these numbers, not 43.5

Last edited:
You cannot compare the vertical numbers with a running start off one foot, to the NBA testing numbers. They do the NBA vert tests off two feet with one step.

Tony Corker's NBA tested vertical would be 37.4 according to these numbers, not 43.5

^This

(...but he's not a Corker)

Plus, he is a hoss down low.

That is what matters most. Byron Houston was just fine in college as PF. Abercrombie was fine. There have been many undersized power forwards in college that have excelled and a few in the NBA.

Back