Preseason Conditioning Post-Test Results

That is what matters most. Byron Houston was just fine in college as PF. Abercrombie was fine. There have been many undersized power forwards in college that have excelled and a few in the NBA.

He's taller than Blair and Harongody.

You cannot compare the vertical numbers with a running start off one foot, to the NBA testing numbers. They do the NBA vert tests off two feet with one step.

Tony Corker's NBA tested vertical would be 37.4 according to these numbers, not 43.5

Even the "max" vertical? I tried to find details of the NBA testing method and couldn't.

So neither the posted "one step" vertical nor the posted "max" vertical are directly comparable to the NBA "no-step" or "max" vertical... That makes a bit more sense.

He's taller than Blair and Harongody.

Taller than Blair, probably similar to Harangody. Harangody measured 6'-8" with shoes. But Harangody's wingspan is over 4 inches shorter--one of the reasons I don't think he'll be a very good pro.

Plus, he is a hoss down low.

Been hearing that about Fitz all summer long. The thing that will really help is his ability to rebound. He also can consistently step out and hit the midrange jumper. He was a big get for Capel and company.

I'm pretty sure I saw, during a combine video, Blake doing a running vertical and a one step vertical test. Not saying our numbers are correct or incorrect, but i've seen Crocker elevate a couple times on fast breaks and I remember a follow dunk he attempted but missed last year that makes me believe he's above 40". Willie is one of those guys that will not impress you with stuff like this, but i'd take him on game night over just about anyone we've had over the last 10 years, besides the obvious few. And ask Iowa State's PF what he thinks of Willies measurables or Xavier Henry...

Cade did alright for a guy some consider to not be a high level athlete.

Cade kinda pulled a James Harden. Everyone discredited Harden's athletic ability and then he jumped 37.5" at combine (I think Jermaine Taylor's 41" was the best and Blake was 2nd at 38 or 39") and ran the same shuttle time as the "lightning quick" Ty Lawson.

Back