Prospect Watch - Juwan Parker

GParker

Reaction score
A new Interview is up featuring Juwan Parker of Booker T Washington. He is a class of 2013 Guard.

The Interview was conducted by a new member of our OUHoops staff, William Jennings, expect more on and from William in the upcoming weeks.

Link

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9y74ZrMRHU[/ame]

Didn't realize he was Jason Parker's brother. Good stuff guys and welcome aboard, Mr. Jennings. :clap

I saw this kid play a few times last year and he's probably has the biggest upside potential of any kid in the state. If he gets to 6'6, his stock will be sky high. He reminds me of a young JR Giddens before he started launching all the threes.

Is he coached by Carl Henry on his AAU team?

Once again....let me interject with a complaint about the plays chosen for his "highlight reel".

I don't wanna see him take some slow-footed chump to the hole or bury some uncontested jumper.

I wanna see him play D bellybutton-to-bellybutton...show a nice crossover on the move...good movement without the ball...be smart enough to see the play coming and adjust...doing his homework while his buddies are swimming in a pool and mackin' the honies...turning down a 40 and a blunt...kissing his momma goodbye and calling his grammy "maam".

THAT would be the good highlight reel.

Once again....let me interject with a complaint about the plays chosen for his "highlight reel".

I don't wanna see him take some slow-footed chump to the hole or bury some uncontested jumper.

I wanna see him play D bellybutton-to-bellybutton...show a nice crossover on the move...good movement without the ball...be smart enough to see the play coming and adjust...doing his homework while his buddies are swimming in a pool and mackin' the honies...turning down a 40 and a blunt...kissing his momma goodbye and calling his grammy "maam".

THAT would be the good highlight reel.

I know this post is partially in tongue and cheek, but at that age, the level of summer comp isn't the same as at 17years of age. I've seen this kid play several times and he's definetely going to be a top 50 kid nationally by his senior year.

Is he coached by Carl Henry on his AAU team

Carl is not very popular by the youth in Oklahoma. AF had more kids leave this year than any year prior. Nino Jackson, Dominique Raney, Andrew Wilson and the Parker kid all left this year. Parker rejoined at the end of the year when his 15u team's season ended.

Hello Sooner fans.

The one thing that I came away with interviewing Parker was that he was very engaging. You could tell that he was a smart kid. He's a terrific player and there is no doubt he's on OU's radar.

Hello Sooner fans.

The one thing that I came away with interviewing Parker was that he was very engaging. You could tell that he was a smart kid. He's a terrific player and there is no doubt he's on OU's radar.

What kind of ceiling does he have as a prospect, William? Do you think he will project as a 4 at the next level?

Thanks

BT

What kind of ceiling does he have as a prospect, William? Do you think he will project as a 4 at the next level?

Thanks

BT

A shooting guard is his projection by coaches. I talked to someone at the Tulsa Washington progam and their going to play him at the shooting guard position this year.

OSU was recently at his practice to see him perform. Stephen F. Austin also came in.

He, along with Stevie Clark, and Nino Jackson are really the only Big12 caliber in the state of Oklahoma right now. Andrew Wilson and Ryan Spangler are two other possible Big12 caliber recruits, but the instate schools are probably not going to offer them. Spangler, since deciding to play basketball has gotten a lot of interest from Colorado and is supposedly visiting there soon.

Kellen Sampson was just at EC recently recruiting wilson to play at SFA

Kellen Sampson was just at EC recently recruiting wilson to play at SFA

You are correct. Kellen will probably use his state ties to get one of these fringe high major recruits in the area. Probably not much of a chance with Parker, but it's good to stay active recruiting him.

I believe SFA was in to watch bilburry more or less. I think Juwaun is going to be a high major player imo ..

Juwan Parker and his Tulsa Washington team are going to Wichita falls to participate in the annual Texas-Oklahoma Shootout. Teams from the OKC and Tulsa Metroplex will face off against some of the better teams in Texas for unofficial scrimmages. Parker will face off against Lebryan Nash twice today. Julius Randle and Prestwood Academy will also participate in this event.

The event is put together by Oklahoma Native, Donald Hedge, who is the coach at Wichita Falls Hirschi. He also coaches one of the top players in 2013, in the state of Texas, Marcus Foster. If you're in the Wichita Falls area and want to see some good basketball between football games, this is an event worth going to. I will be in Tulsa checking out some scrimmages and monitoring some 2014 players who are starting to get some buzz.

Have a good Saturday!

Back