Quotes from OU and Albany press conferences

AlbanyGreatDanesFan

Reaction score
My favorite one is classic Coach Will Brown:

5:36 pm - "I think if Hooley hits 10 3's and Rowley fouls out their entire frontcourt, we should be in good shape. They're big, strong, they're physical and they're athletic. I think they're a top-10 team without question." - Will Brown

Here is the rest.

3:43 pm - Oklahoma presser starting. Buddy Hield says he called UAlbany a good draw because he's "confident in his team"

"If I had to play against (Ryan Spangler) I'd be mad too." - Hield.

3:44 pm - "I think they're like more of a half-court team. They like to execute in the half-court. Move the defense around. " - Tashawn Thomas.
"Obviously we want to get out front. So it's going to be important for us to get out early and set the tempo for ourselves." - Ryan Spangler.

3:47 pm - "Any of our guys can score at any time. That's our goal as an offense to get everybody touches and get the best shots possible. No matter who takes the shot." - Ryan Spangler

"We like to move the ball a lot. So if we get the shot, Coach always says to take the shot." - Buddy Hield.

3:48 pm - "There's never really too many blowouts. So I kind of anticipate the game being close. We just have to be strong at the end of the game and be together." - Tashawn Thomas

"I'm tired of losing in the first round. Coach Kruger has done a good job of getting ready." - Buddy Hield

3:51 pm - "I feel bad for him. Anybody that goes through that and we'll be praying for him. But on top of that we've got to play our game and not think about that. Just try to win." - Ryan Spangler, on Peter Hooley.

3:54 pm - The Oklahoma player's reaction when finding out George State was pretty excellent. Awe is a good word. They were in awe. "Anything can happen in March." - Budy Hield

4:00 pm - "I just heard about the Baylor score, very surprising. It's surprising every time that's happened But it's happened before." - Lon Kruger on No. 3 seeds going down in first-round

"I hope they already knew that nothing was going to be easy. But if they didn't I guess this reinforced (it). Our guys definitely respect Albany and how good they've been."

4:02 pm - "We've got to play well. Very sound, very fundamentally good on both ends of the floor. We've played against those kinds of teams all year. Really good Albany team that knows how to win." - Kruger on what it'll take to beat UAlbany.

4:04 pm - "We've got to do a good job of giving Albany only one shot. They take good care of the ball. Rebounding in a game like that is always important. Sometimes it's easier said than done." - Kruger on pace of the game.

4:05 pm - "The team that makes the shots has the advantage. Being athletic or not athletic it doesn't always make a difference there. If there is an advantage athletically, then we've got to use it. Especially on defense."

4:06 pm - "I respect what he's gone through, during basketball season or any other time. It's a tough situation for a feel-good moment. When the game starts I don't know if that will play a big part. Certainly him making the shot is a nice story leading up to it." - Kruger on Peter Hooley

Albany Presser"

5:15 pm - "We are aware, we were watching the games. It gives us a little bit of motivation, a little bit of excitement. Obviously it doesn't change our gameplan in any way shape or form." - Sam Rowley

5:17 pm - "Too many times" - Peter Hooley on how many times he's seen the shot.

5:20 pm - "We certainly understand that they're a very fast, athletic team. So we certainly want to stop them in transition." - Sam Rowley

5:22 pm - "Some of these guys have dreamt of this since they were kids. As exciting as it is, they're enjoying this opportunity." - Peter Hooley on the response of the 9 "new guys" on the roster about being in the NCAA Tournament.

5:26 pm - "More now than ever, given their defensive prowess, we have to find the open guy. We just have to be willing to distribute." - Sam Rowley on his role in the offense against Oklahoma.

5:30 pm - "So far so good. Took us awhile to get here. We're proud to be here, representing a tremendous conference and our University, the University at Albany. So we're looking forward to it." - Will Brown

5:33 pm - "We're not a BCS-level conference or school. It's a grind. You have to find a way to win your tournament. We're a one-bid league so it was a tremendous accomplishment to win both (regular season and the tournament). We're here to win a game, we're here to win more than a game. We're not just happy to be here. We're here to fight, to win, to scrape, to claw." - Will Brown

5:34 pm - "We build our program around character. We've got high-character kids." - Will Brown

5:36 pm - "I think if Hooley hits 10 3's and Rowley fouls out their entire frontcourt, we should be in good shape. They're big, strong, they're physical and they're athletic. I think they're a top-10 team without question." - Will Brown

5:39 pm - "It's a tough situation. With every request I've asked for to talk to Peter, I've asked him 'Are you ok with this?' He's handled it with class and has done a great job." - Will Brown

On the Aussies: "They are a coaches dream (Australians). Hard working, smart, tough kids." - Will Brown

5:33 pm - "We're not a BCS-level conference or school. It's a grind. You have to find a way to win your tournament. We're a one-bid league so it was a tremendous accomplishment to win both (regular season and the tournament). We're here to win a game, we're here to win more than a game. We're not just happy to be here. We're here to fight, to win, to scrape, to claw." - Will Brown

This is what I am looking for from OU. To fight, scratch and claw in every possession. To get rebounds and loose balls. To battle as if this is their last game.

Back