Recruiting

Willis just seems lost in the shuffle, and according to many his body language on the bench is NOT good. Let's be honest, if not for the injuries to TC/WW he probably would have played even less than he has. We're already carrying one scholarship that appears will be questionable at best (Hardrick), I really don't want to carry another.

Willis just seems lost in the shuffle, and according to many his body language on the bench is NOT good. Let's be honest, if not for the injuries to TC/WW he probably would have played even less than he has. We're already carrying one scholarship that appears will be questionable at best (Hardrick), I really don't want to carry another.

I think that whether he stays or not is up to him, and for sure, my hunch [which is 100% all that I have] stems from the same thing.

Really? I've never gotten that vibe from Willis. The kid has a lot of potential. He reeeeeeeeeally needs to add some lbs. He works hard. Hope he can make it work.

I'm not sure if he will or not, but assume we land a JUCO guard, and assume WW leaves next year. Which of the following is Willis going to get time over:

TMG
Cade
JUCO
Pledger
Cam
TJ

Even if you assume he'd get time over TJ, that still puts him at 6th on the depth chart amongst guards. The 6th guard doesn't typically get much time.

And this is just my opinion, NOT A FACT, but I think that may be part of the reason Ray doesn't play much unless Capel is forced to play the kid. If Capel thinks or knows that Ray is gone, wouldn't that be a possible explanation for him not getting time in most games? Wouldn't it also explain Ray not working as hard in practice as maybe he needed to? Again, I don't know anything, I just see "some" signs. Hopefully the mods don't think this is a rumor, I'm just suggesting why I think it might be possible. It is obvious Ray wants to play, and thinks he is good enough to play somewhere. He just might not get that chance here.

Give me Goff and Poland, and I will be happy with this class. Terrence Jones would just be icing on the cake.

Back