Reminds me when Osu could not lose. No Blake

sooneral49

Reaction score
We went to Stillwater and had no chance when Blake was hurt. Well they choked that one off. Best football team in years and years. OU. Worst team in years. Gonna come to Norman and put a whipping on the SOONERS. Well they choked that one off too_OU Worst team in years and years in basketball. Aggies. Best team in several years. Let us see if they are not still the aggies, and see if they can choke this one off too. Right now, it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the good thing is at the end of the day, we are the SOONERS and they will still be the aggies. Will be fun to see them choke it off in this game too.:eddie187_jpg_xs::ez-laugh: .

This game isn't about whether the aggies will choke it off, but rather will the Sooners play with any pride.

I wouldn't say this aggie team is better than the one who beat us last year during the Big12 tourney. Ford does look to have them playing tough for such a young team. It should be a dandy.

If you think this is the "best OSU team in several years" then you obviously don't watch much basketball.

This team is not as good as last year's OSU team.

We went to Stillwater and had no chance when Blake was hurt. Well they choked that one off. Best football team in years and years. OU. Worst team in years. Gonna come to Norman and put a whipping on the SOONERS. Well they choked that one off too_OU Worst team in years and years in basketball. Aggies. Best team in several years. Let us see if they are not still the aggies, and see if they can choke this one off too. Right now, it is hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel, but the good thing is at the end of the day, we are the SOONERS and they will still be the aggies. Will be fun to see them choke it off in this game too.:eddie187_jpg_xs::ez-laugh: .

Call me crazy but I don't see this as the best time to be talking about OSU chocking things off. I'd be more concerned with OU hustling and fighting amongst themselves.

Jeff , check the record for your team last year. Did they not have to have a big time winning streak to get to the tourney. They were not even close to getting ranked last year. On the verge of being ranked this week. I would think that would make them better than last years team. Guess we will see. By the way I think they are better than last years team. You never blew anyone out at home by 29 points last year in the big twelve. And I do watch a lot of basketball. Guess that does not make any of us experts though, does it. Just my opinion.

Call me crazy but I don't see this as the best time to be talking about OSU chocking things off. I'd be more concerned with OU hustling and fighting amongst themselves.

And the fake OU fan chips in again. I remember when cheno was talking smack about how Stoops had lost it after the great Kansas orange Bowl victory.

lol @ Kansas. The state, the school and most of all their dorky fans.

OU will win Bedlam tomorrow night. For at least one night all the pieces will fall in place. After that, who knows? But this team will not lie down and let the Pokes win at the LNC.

If OSU loses on the road to a team with 3 MCDAA's and a bunch of top 100 players, I would hardly call it choking.

Jeff , check the record for your team last year. Did they not have to have a big time winning streak to get to the tourney. They were not even close to getting ranked last year. On the verge of being ranked this week.

That doesn't have anything to do with the quality of the team.

Last year's OSU team started slow because it was a new coach/new system/etc.

Once Ford found his lineup and got things going, we were one of the top 4 teams in the Big 12 last year.

They weren't ranked because they lost too many games early and didn't have time to climb their way back into the rankings.

Last year's OSU team nearly beat a top 10 OU team in Norman and then did beat them in OKC a week later. They also pushed #1 seed Pitt to the brink in the second round of the NCAA tournament.

Right now, this year's OSU team wouldn't come within 20 points of last year's Pitt or OU team.

You never blew anyone out at home by 29 points last year in the big
twelve.

Well, we did beat both Iowa State and Colorado by 20 points at home... we don't know how good this Tech team really is that we just beat. They were ranked just based on number of wins and others ahead of them losing.

Their only decent win is over Washington at home. They were also beaten fairly handily on the road at New Mexico.

And I do watch a lot of basketball. Guess that does not make any of us experts though, does it. Just my opinion.

No, but I would also be willing to guess that I've watched more OSU games than you have over the past two years. I've either watched or listened live to every OSU game over the past two seasons.

While this year's OSU team COULD end up being better than last year's, they clearly are not right now.

One only has to go watch some tape of OSU's final 10-15 games last year and then watch some tape of this team now and it's clear which is the better team.

Being an OSU fan I've hard many different terms and phrases that mean 'choke', but I have never hard, "choked it off".:clap

OSU didn't have Ford on the sidelines of the game in Stillwater 2 years ago. HUGE difference.

If you think this is the "best OSU team in several years" then you obviously don't watch much basketball.

This team is not as good as last year's OSU team.

This team is much better defensively this year, but they are not as good offensively. I think this team is very close to being as good as they were at the end of last year. I think Moses is the difference. He has not played as well this year yet. When he does we will be better. Not having Eaton has hurt the offense but Penn is better defensively.

In all Jeff I think you are not giving them quite enough credit.

I guess this post says the Aggies will choke. I'm not sure what else it says, because it's incomprehensible. Either way, I hope that it's right.

This team is much better defensively this year, but they are not as good offensively. I think this team is very close to being as good as they were at the end of last year. I think Moses is the difference. He has not played as well this year yet. When he does we will be better. Not having Eaton has hurt the offense but Penn is better defensively.

In all Jeff I think you are not giving them quite enough credit.

I don't know about "much" better.... we have better interior defense with Pilgrim, but we don't have a perimeter defender as good as Terell Harris... and I don't know about Penn being better defensively than Eaton.

Penn is pretty good, but Eaton was no slouch. He led the Big 12 in steals last year.

To put it another way, I think the drop-off in offense from last year to this year is far greater than the improvement in defense.

Apropos, if you look at the Pomeroy ratings, we have fallen 69 spots in the national rankings in adjusted offensive efficiency, from 14th to 83rd. We have improved 43 spots in adjusted defensive efficiency, from 76th to 33rd.

Of course, last year's numbers are a full season worth of data, so it will be interested to see how these numbers evolve over Big 12 play.

I do think that this year's team has the potential to be better than last year's team... I just don't think they are right now.

By the end of last year, OSU was an excellent team. This team right now is pretty good, but not excellent.

I don't know about "much" better.... we have better interior defense with Pilgrim, but we don't have a perimeter defender as good as Terell Harris... and I don't know about Penn being better defensively than Eaton.

Penn is pretty good, but Eaton was no slouch. He led the Big 12 in steals last year.

To put it another way, I think the drop-off in offense from last year to this year is far greater than the improvement in defense.

Apropos, if you look at the Pomeroy ratings, we have fallen 69 spots in the national rankings in adjusted offensive efficiency, from 14th to 83rd. We have improved 43 spots in adjusted defensive efficiency, from 76th to 33rd.

Of course, last year's numbers are a full season worth of data, so it will be interested to see how these numbers evolve over Big 12 play.

I do think that this year's team has the potential to be better than last year's team... I just don't think they are right now.

By the end of last year, OSU was an excellent team. This team right now is pretty good, but not excellent.

All true, but don't you believe this team has much more room for improvement over the Big 12 schedule? With so much youth on the court, how could they not get much better? IMO, this team has the potential to become better than last year's team (end of season), but that all depends on how well the young guys progress. Also, I'm thinking (hoping/assuming) this team will improve at the same pace as last season's team.

You are definitely correct about Eaton. He could get points when nothing else was working. But I also think we depended on him way too much.

I never expected the new guys - Fred, Penn, and even Franklin to be contributing this much at this point in the season. Did you? We're much better than I expected at this point in the season.

Having said all that, I've never "expected" a win in Norman and tonight is no different. I don't care how the Sooners have been playing, nor do I care that we just blew out Tech. We've always had hell in Norman and I don't expect tonight to be any different. In fact, I'll be VERY surprised if we can get the win tonight. And if we do, I don't expect that we'll win by more than a point or two. I've watched these games for too long to think any different.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Sooners found themselves tonight and turned the season around. That's how crazy these games are. Sometimes a good fight against a hated opponent can really bring a team together. That's just what the Sooners need, IMO.

This team doesn't have the heart that any of those Capel teams from the past 3 years had. They beat OSU with pure guts. Austin Johnson, Longar Longar, David Godbold, Taylor Griffin....all those guys just wanted it more than OSU.

This year I don't see anything but a sweep. Whether its 2 or 3 games. I don't see us beating them. And they're not even that good. We just have no heart.

All true, but don't you believe this team has much more room for improvement over the Big 12 schedule? With so much youth on the court, how could they not get much better? IMO, this team has the potential to become better than last year's team (end of season), but that all depends on how well the young guys progress. Also, I'm thinking (hoping/assuming) this team will improve at the same pace as last season's team.

Yes, but I'm talking about the team right now, not their potential.

It was in response to the OP's assertion that this is the "best OSU team in years"... my point was that right now, it's not better than last year's team, and is fully capable of losing in Norman tonight.

If we had last year's OSU team from the end of the year playing against this year's OU team in Norman tonight, I would expect to win. I don't expect this team to win tonight.

I never expected the new guys - Fred, Penn, and even Franklin to be contributing this much at this point in the season. Did you?

I never "count on" freshmen... no matter how good they are supposed to be coming into the season.

That said, yes... Penn, Franklin and Gulley have all been better than expected... especially Penn and Franklin.

As they continue to improve, we'll get better and better.

Having said all that, I've never "expected" a win in Norman and tonight is no different. I don't care how the Sooners have been playing, nor do I care that we just blew out Tech. We've always had hell in Norman and I don't expect tonight to be any different. In fact, I'll be VERY surprised if we can get the win tonight. And if we do, I don't expect that we'll win by more than a point or two. I've watched these games for too long to think any different.

I agree 100% with this.

This team doesn't have the heart that any of those Capel teams from the past 3 years had. They beat OSU with pure guts.

Yeah... they beat OSU because of pure guts.... having the #1 overall pick in the NBA draft on the team was a distant second. ;)

Back