Rice giving Texas all they want

Their outside game is definitely better than last year. Man they are powerfull in the interior. Brown is going to give many coaches headaches before he is done.

All that being said, I think UT is a sweet sixteen type team. Barnes consistently recruits better than anyone in the big 12 but never seems to get that far in post season play for the type of talent he fields.

Pittman looks like he might be in the best shape of his career. Having him more minutes should help them considerably.

I think UT will be good enough from the perimeter that teams can't sag off like last year.

That last line is exactly what I believe. They don't have to be very good from deep, just good enough. That's why I keep saying they'll be just fine.

As far as what he gets from his recruits his players never stick around. Pittman and James had no choice but to come back and get better. But Barnes hasn't got his players to stick around like Self has at KU.

Last edited:
When did this become a forum for every other big12 team to defend any criticism of their team?

Do what? Just in the last 5 years he's only made two. You must be thinking of someone else.

I thought I heard something like that on one of the sports networks at the beginning of the year, looks like I'm passing on false information. Sorry about that ladies and gents.

Barnes has 5 sweet 16,s , 3 elite 8,s and 1 final 4. In addition he had one sweet 16 at either Clemson or Providence. His record within the conference are 3 conf. Champions and 1 tournament championsip.

In comparison Self has had 4 sweet 16's 3 elite 8's 1 championshipat Kansas plus 3 sweet 16's and 2 elite 8's at Illinois and Tulsa.

A second indicator of coaching are number of conference championships and tournament championships.
Barnes has 3 conf championships + 1 tournament championship at Texas
Self has 5 conf championships + 3 tournament championships at Kansas. The Wilkopedia graphs are hare to decipher I hhought he had an additional tournament

Both of these coaches have statistical records head and shoulders above othe Big 12 coaches.

When did this become a forum for every other big12 team to defend any criticism of their team?

Don't tell me you're that cat. The cat that doesn't want a fan from another team posting on a thread about said team. Even if it's decent conversation. I don't know about those other cats you speak of, but I know I don't flood this board with Texas talk. But with it being a public forum, and Texas being in the thread title, there is a small chance I just may be interested in it.

Barnes has 5 sweet 16,s , 3 elite 8,s and 1 final 4. In addition he had one sweet 16 at either Clemson or Providence. His record within the conference are 3 conf. Champions and 1 tournament championsip.

In comparison Self has had 4 sweet 16's 3 elite 8's 1 championshipat Kansas plus 3 sweet 16's and 2 elite 8's at Illinois and Tulsa.

A second indicator of coaching are number of conference championships and tournament championships.
Barnes has 3 conf championships + 1 tournament championship at Texas
Self has 5 conf championships + 3 tournament championships at Kansas. The Wilkopedia graphs are hare to decipher I hhought he had an additional tournament

Both of these coaches have statistical records head and shoulders above othe Big 12 coaches.

What year was the tournament championship because I seem to recall that texas has never won the big xii tournament?

Don't tell me you're that cat. The cat that doesn't want a fan from another team posting on a thread about said team. Even if it's decent conversation. I don't know about those other cats you speak of, but I know I don't flood this board with Texas talk. But with it being a public forum, and Texas being in the thread title, there is a small chance I just may be interested in it.

question for you blh111, i'm assuming you are a UT fan. Have you seen OU play thsi year, if you have does Pledger remind you of AJ Abrams when he was a freshman?

question for you blh111, i'm assuming you are a UT fan. Have you seen OU play thsi year, if you have does Pledger remind you of AJ Abrams when he was a freshman?

Abrams looked different his freshman year than he did the rest of his years at Texas. Abram's freshman year he played alot of PG and really looked the part. He would actually attack the rim and showed the ability to get the rock to the open man. I never saw that again after his freshman year. He fell in love with his shot and became Al Dillard with a green light to shoot.

Abrams looked different his freshman year than he did the rest of his years at Texas. Abram's freshman year he played alot of PG and really looked the part. He would actually attack the rim and showed the ability to get the rock to the open man. I never saw that again after his freshman year. He fell in love with his shot and became Al Dillard with a green light to shoot.

Yea I remember that, you all wanted him to revert back to that style when DJ left but it seemed like he was better suited at the 2 running off of screens. Pledger reminds me a lot of that, especially the quick rise and shoot on anyone trigger they both that.

It was cool at first. We just had a few guys wearing KU panties flashing the NC rings over here, then we get a freakin Baylor fanatic who thinks baylor is going to be the UNC of the south. Add to that we've got a Mizzou guy who thinks Mike Anderson is the next John Wooden and one of our Moderators loves Colorado and Tulsa more than OU. To be honest, the OSU fans are the most tolerable.

It is fine, what's your point.

FT's are what they better work on.

I'm just happy to be watching such a great team. And I do believe the shooting is just fine. If you think it's a weakness so be it. I'm enjoying all the weakness.

Should I bring up what you and other cats said about ou players and the ou team. Knawl, there is no need for that.

Just giving you a hard time from the other thread blh. :)

It was cool at first. We just had a few guys wearing KU panties flashing the NC rings over here, then we get a freakin Baylor fanatic who thinks baylor is going to be the UNC of the south. Add to that we've got a Mizzou guy who thinks Mike Anderson is the next John Wooden and one of our Moderators loves Colorado and Tulsa more than OU. To be honest, the OSU fans are the most tolerable.

Do you want some cheese with your whine? LOL. And this is especially ironic since you have posted on Phog within the last month. :woot

why didn't you tell me about brad beal? I bet alot of KU fans are sore over that one.

why didn't you tell me about brad beal? I bet alot of KU fans are sore over that one.

Yeah, it sucks. KU is struggling in recruiting right now for some reason. I know our roster is stacked but it isn't like UNC isn't stacked and they signed a monster class. Strange.

Yeah, it sucks. KU is struggling in recruiting right now for some reason. I know our roster is stacked but it isn't like UNC isn't stacked and they signed a monster class. Strange.

UNC seems to be more of a deterent than KU in my opinion. They only have one guy that I consider an early entry prosect in Davis. The rest look to be 4 year players.

Back