Ryan Wright should Start

buttermaker1

Reaction score
He makes us a better defensive team.

I love Tiny but he needs conditioning bad. He was to slow on help D today the big fella was winded in limited minutes.

Strongly disagree. Ryan had a good game today. Tiny had a poor effort game. But Tiny is by far the better player. He also gives an offensive post threat.

He makes us a better defensive team.

I love Tiny but he needs conditioning bad. He was to slow on help D today the big fella was winded in limited minutes.

Missouri is a bad matchup for Tiny. Wright had by far and away his best performance as a Sooner, Tiny had his worst.

There's no way Wright should start ahead of Tiny, ever.

I have heard this twice now so I have to ask. Why does anyone think Missouri was a bad match-up for tiny? They are smaller then him and were just beating him from what I could tell. If they were beating him with their speed or athleticism I guess you could blame it on the match-up, but it looked to me like he was getting pushed around by smaller, but more physical and experienced players. He just looked like he was caught off guard by the physicality of the game. I think he is still adjusting to Big 12 basketball.

I have heard this twice now so I have to ask. Why does anyone think Missouri was a bad match-up for tiny?

Uhhh, maybe because Missouri forces an uptempo game and Gallon is not an uptempo player? Pretty good starting point....

I don't think Ryan should replace Tiny for the starting line-up. Ryan was amazing today and I'm so glad to see that he found that in him today. I hope for more.

The exciting part is if Ryan keeps up with this and they alternate these two guys back and forth, this is going to be great for that position and keep the opponents on their toes because of their contrasting style.

I am not sure that is a good starting point. He getting beaten with physicality not speed. Also, it isn't like he hasn't produced against teams that play up tempo. Here is how he has done against teams in the top 50 of possessions per game:

Houston (#10 in possessions per game): 15pt on 6-8 shooting, 9 rebounds, 1 assist in 22 minutes
Missouri (#12 in possessions per game): 0pts on 0-3 shooting, 7 rebounds, 0 assists in 14 minutes
Centenary (#40 in possessions per game): 16pt on 7-11 shooting, 15 rebounds, 1 assist in 29 minutes
Gonzaga (#49 in possessions per game): 8pt on 4-4 shooting, 5 rebounds, 1 assist in just 13 minutes
UTEP (#50 in possessions per game): 13pts on 4-9 shooting, 8 rebounds, 1 assist in 26 minutes

One of these stat lines does not look like the others. I think that indicates that pace is probably not a "good starting point."

I don't think Cade was the only player to deal with health issues. This may have been one of the contributing factors to the limited playing time for Tiny.

I don't think Cade was the only player to deal with health issues. This may have been one of the contributing factors to the limited playing time for Tiny.

Someone I was with at the game mentioned that Tiny looked sick. I guess there may be a connection there.

Tiny was sick also. Not as bad as Cade, but his sluggeshness was not entirely a factor of conditioning.

They said everyone has been getting sick and there's a virus going around the time. More than likely, a majority of them are fighting it off.

Tiny has been playing well, hes a freshman so i expect some ups and downs.

Did you hear WW's post game interview? He talked about Wright being the reason they won, but he also mentioned he was starting to play without entry passes bouncing off his hands. That's the most honest player assessment from another player I've heard in awhile. I believe the inability to catch entry passes was the main thing holding the Wright back (well other than the fact that he is not a great player)

If Wright can consistently handle passes, he will help this team. :clap

Back