San Diego 76, Oklahoma 64 >>> Box Score

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
picture7qh.png

picture8m.png

Way too many jumpshots. I'm not worried yet, though, and I disagree with those that think the troubles so far are a problem of effort or intensity.

Sadly, I think the problems go beyond effort and intensity, though at times, those have been present. Mostly, it just seems that we cannot set the standard. We don't have the size to dominate smaller teams inside, and we don't have the experience at guard play to win in transition. We are challenged in creating our own shot. We don't have great athletic ability on the defensive side of the court.

I would be ecstatic if this team could go .500 in Big XII play.

Four of our players attempted free throws while the "only" player for the other team who didn't played "one" minute. Playing about 75% of the game, Crocker and Griffin didn't get to the line "once."

We do need to play better defense and rebound better which everyone agrees with including Capel. But, poor shooting makes everything look worse than it really is. The only place we shot well was from the line. If we would have shot 45% from the field (instead of 33%) and 36% from the arc (instead of 28%), the comments would be very different than what I am reading.

Back