Scouting Barry Honore

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
Man, I was real skeptical on this kid, but now, I'm feeling like OU got a steal with the transfer from Southern. The fact that he times with the guards on the mile was impressive to me, but wen reviewing a 6 minute exerpt of a Southern game, it is now not suprising

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQtCUbo_NgU[/ame]

First off, Honore is of course limited physically. In reality, he's about 6'4 or 6'5. He weighs 270. This is probably the reason that he wasn't and will not be a great shot blocker. However he uses his body as well as anyone in the post. He keeps a good base so he can use his legs to force his man off the block. He understands how and when to 3/4, front or play behind a guy. If he plays behind a guy, he pushes them off the block. He does get caught being too high defensively due to his activity. He's very active. He made his opponent work for everything offensively. He did a very good job of puting his man on his back when the shot went up. Didn't always get the rebound, but made sure his man didn't.

When the ball is rebounded, he gets down court. Showed that he could beat everyone down court and establish post position. Knows how to seal his man and create a passing lane for an entry pass. Unfortunately, he doesn't have much touch. Knows how to run the break and find the open lane in the break. Not very good hands. Active on the boards. Will pick up fouls This guy is worth a scholarship and I suspect he's better than some current players.

He's taller than 6'4 or 6'5. But I agree he could be a useful contributer at OU.

He didn't look taller than 6'5 to me. I thought he was an OU football redshirt lineman when I saw him. He was walking next to WW and was just a few inches taller than him to me.

I think Willie is about 6'3 and I think Honore is about 6'6.

In most of the videos and pictures he's inbetween the height of the guards and the bigs. He's taller than Tony and Cade but shorter than Ryan Wright and Tiny Gallon. If I had to guess I'd say Fitz is 6'7 and Honore is 6'6.

The good thing is when you have a big rear end it makes up for some height. Charles Barkley would be a good example.

The good thing is when you have a big rear end it makes up for some height. Charles Barkley would be a good example.

That is funny, because today I heard him compare himself to Charles Barkley. But it was about life after basketball...

Ernie Abercrombie is a prime example as well.

William Davis played post at OU and was only about 6"6'. UNLV got plenty out of Larry Johnson at 6'6". I think there are lots of examples of guys that are not super tall but still effective in the paint.

William Davis, Abercrombie, LJ and Barkley are scorers. I think Honore will be a defensive banger and a guy that either rebounds or seals his man off from getting rebounds. He'll get in Foul trouble, but he'll get others in foul trouble. He understands positioning real well.

Back