Scouts top 50 in 2013

Sam

Reaction score
No Oklahoma kids on the list but a few Oklahoma targets in 2013 are on it.

#2 Julius Randle, 6'8 PF, Plano Prestonwood, TX
#7 Andrew Harrison, 6'5 SG, Travis, TX
#9 Jonathon Williams, 6'8 PF, Memphis, TN
#12 Aaron Harrison, 6'5 SG, Travis TX
#16 Keith Frazier, 6'4 SG, Irving, TX
#19 Austin Colbert, 6'8 PF, St Patrick, NJ
#27 Matt Jones, 6'4 SG, Desoto, TX
#41 Al Freeman, 6'4 SG, Charlotte, NC
#44 Nigel William-Goss 6'3 PG, Findley Prep, NV

No Oklahoma kids on the list but a few Oklahoma targets in 2013 are on it.

#2 Julius Randle, 6'8 PF, Plano Prestonwood, TX
#7 Andrew Harrison, 6'5 SG, Travis, TX
#9 Jonathon Williams, 6'8 PF, Memphis, TN
#12 Aaron Harrison, 6'5 SG, Travis TX
#16 Keith Frazier, 6'4 SG, Irving, TX
#19 Austin Colbert, 6'8 PF, St Patrick, NJ
#27 Matt Jones, 6'4 SG, Desoto, TX
#41 Al Freeman, 6'4 SG, Charlotte, NC
#44 Nigel William-Goss 6'3 PG, Findley Prep, NV

how many of these kids do we have a legitimate shot of landing?

I bet that Woodard kid gets on this list pretty high.

how many of these kids do we have a legitimate shot of landing?

Randle and the Harrison twins were high on OU when Capel was here, will be interesting to see if it was because Capel can build good relationships with recruits or if they really like the school.

Colbert is a guy who recently got on the radar and doesnt seem to have any favorites. Plus I've been told he's friends with Pledger so that can't hurt matters.

You have to think that DFW area guys like Matt Jones and Keith Fraizer are always possibilities.

Freeman was reportedly offered by the OU staff a while back but who knows on him. I saw him play in Dallas a couple weeks ago and he is a great shooter.

On Nigel, he is a former UNLV commit, so you have to think he likes Kruger, Hill and Henson.

Then locally you have 4 kids like Shaq Morris, Jordan Woodard, Juwan Parker & Stevie Clark who should all be national recognized in the future when rankings expand to 100 and 150.

Randle and the Harrison twins were high on OU when Capel was here, will be interesting to see if it was because Capel can build good relationships with recruits or if they really like the school.

Colbert is a guy who recently got on the radar and doesnt seem to have any favorites. Plus I've been told he's friends with Pledger so that can't hurt matters.

You have to think that DFW area guys like Matt Jones and Keith Fraizer are always possibilities.

Freeman was reportedly offered by the OU staff a while back but who knows on him. I saw him play in Dallas a couple weeks ago and he is a great shooter.

On Nigel, he is a former UNLV commit, so you have to think he likes Kruger, Hill and Henson.

Then locally you have 4 kids like Shaq Morris, Jordan Woodard, Juwan Parker & Stevie Clark who should all be national recognized in the future when rankings expand to 100 and 150.

Evan Daniels of Scout said on the Phog board that Randle was basically a lock for OU before Capel left, even said he was planning on committing at the end of summer. Pretty crazy.

This is for 2013? Am I understandig this correctly, that this is for two years from now?

Evan Daniels of Scout said on the Phog board that Randle was basically a lock for OU before Capel left, even said he was planning on committing at the end of summer. Pretty crazy.

Posted a new thread on this... going to make me sad if/when he commits elsewhere

Reading on the Harrison twins that they got into a fight during a game with their teammate (the kid who was going to Iowa State but they released him from his LOI). Anyone know anything more about this???

Eh. If a kid wanted to commit that badly, there was no reason to "wait." He definitely liked Capel, but another year of missing the Dance might have changed that. No kid stud wants to go to a team that may miss the Dance, even with them, the entire time they are in school there.

This is also an example of Capel not building a program, but rather, trying to land studs to stay afloat. He got lucky with Blake, but was finding it tougher with the others. Willie wasn't enough of a stud, we missed on several others, and even had we landed Randle, when he left early for the NBA, Capel would have been in the same position as he was when he got fired.

Eh. If a kid wanted to commit that badly, there was no reason to "wait." He definitely liked Capel, but another year of missing the Dance might have changed that. No kid stud wants to go to a team that may miss the Dance, even with them, the entire time they are in school there.

This is also an example of Capel not building a program, but rather, trying to land studs to stay afloat. He got lucky with Blake, but was finding it tougher with the others. Willie wasn't enough of a stud, we missed on several others, and even had we landed Randle, when he left early for the NBA, Capel would have been in the same position as he was when he got fired.

Agree on most counts. Though I will say it's a little harder to pull the trigger as a soph. If he was going into his SR year then I'd definitely say he would commit if he wanted to. There could be multiple reasons to wait, most of all simply to see if Capel still had a job.

kruger was in on freeman for quite a while at unlv. who knows if that will matter to him or not.

his recruitment is kind of strange to start with, he has a lot of schools from outside the region after him, which you usually don't see for a top 50 guy from north carolina (with no offcourt issues), because it's usually pretty hard to get them out of state.

i also saw that he was playing with nike team florida rather than any of the local teams. not sure if that's accurate though.

Freeman was with Nike Team Florida a few weeks ago in Dallas.

Back