My take on Kruger's potential recruiting

Any chance that Lon can make a good impression on Jarion Henry, Skeeter's son? He's 6-8, and his dad ought to know a few things about Kruger's coaching and his programs (from those KSU days).

Was wondering this as well, but was also wondering if Jarion Henry is "OU-caliber"...I'm really don't know much about him, honestly, other than he's Skeeter's son...

Is he catholic?

That would be my guess, but I honestly don't know. As to the other poster's question about Kruger and Jucos, Doug Gottlieb said he recruited a lot of "bounce backs"; recruits who go to a UCLA or Arizona, but then transfer over if they aren't happy there...

Lew Hill has a lot of connections in Texas. I heard a KC sports radio show host, who is a KSU alum talk about this on Friday. Steve Henson is a good recruiter and coach as well.

Kruger may not sign Grooms or Jones because they may not fit his system. You just never know. He may snag somebody whom we have never heard of and plug them in much like Sampson did with Abercrombie.

I can promise you this, we will be much better off recruiting in Texas with this staff than we were with the previous. We also won't have near as many recruiting misses from this point forward.

Sam, thank you for the in-depth look into what Kruger is facing in his upcoming recruiting battles. Now that OU has its coach, we fans will now want to know what the coach is going to do to get talent in the program and your post illuminated that nicely for me.

In some ways, I hope Kruger doesn't waste a scholarship just to bring in an "okay" talent. If Osby really is ALL THAT, then Kruger might really be better off in getting its current players ready to play next season rather than worrying too much about picking up the scraps from other program's recruits.

I haven't paid attention. Is the best player in Oklahoma this year already signed? If not, I would love to see Kruger at least take care of that and sign him. Whoever that is.

He is a transfer from Mississippi St. that joined the team last year and will be eligible this year. He did not play much at MSU as a freshman and sophomore, but coaches, players and other observers have called him the best player on the team.

I was talking about high school seniors.

I haven't paid attention. Is the best player in Oklahoma this year already signed? If not, I would love to see Kruger at least take care of that and sign him. Whoever that is.

Best player in the state signed with Gonzaga. The next best players are still unsigned. Richardson and Raney.

Best player in the state signed with Gonzaga. The next best players are still unsigned. Richardson and Raney.

Thanks.
Hopefully Kruger gives them a look and if one or both can help, he signs them and calls it a year.

Thanks.
Hopefully Kruger gives them a look and if one or both can help, he signs them and calls it a year.

Unfortunately, they play the wrong position. They are both wing players and we need post and pg help. If there is any attrition at the wing, I would love to see one or both of these guys signed.

I keep hearing that OU needs help at the center position.

That is both true, and untrue. Would it be great to have a big, true center type on the roster that could contribute? Absolutely. There aren't a ton of those types of guys though. Most schools play two PF types, or even a true PF along a swing guy.

We have plenty of swing guys, and undersized bigs. But if we were to land somebody that was just a true PF.....a guy like Bookout, or maybe even Gray, we'd be fine inside. We don't have to have a true center to improve on the inside.

Back