Selection Show 2024

Erased....so many errors....usually laying on couch using a device that I hate to type on. Sorry, if I cannot do better, I will not type. I do hope we get a 5 seed and get to play in the sweet 16. Believe we will be much improved next year....so maybe an elite 8 game.

5 seed in Bloomington…vs Florida Gulf Coast an experienced tournament team. Likely face Indiana if we win.

So are we on the road because of seed or gymnastics? I thought every higher seed got 2 games at home

FGCU is a lot like us. They don't have much height (no player over 6'1) and play fast, and shoot 3s, so we'll have to really play good perimeter defense against them to avoid an upset. I hope we really show up and at least win this first game. I believe Indiana will most likely beat us, but they aren't that much better than us, and if we play like we can, we can beat them, HOWEVER South Carolina would be our S16 opponent, and that could be one nasty beating, so idk what to think about making that round.

In height alone, Oklahoma has a significant advantage. The Sooners' roster includes four players 6-1 or over: Kiersten Johnson (6-4), Bea Culliton and Landry Allen (both 6-3) and Payton Verhulst (6-1). I have no idea how fast FGCU plays, but if they play faster than OU, they must be speed demons. If we can hit a decent percentage of our shots and avoid a big number of turnovers, we should win.

FGCU seems to be a sweetheart 12 pick to beat a 5 seed. Hopefully the girls come out firing. They come out flat, then it will be a quick exit.

Back