Shake visit update

usedtobe1

Administrator
Reaction score
James Hale has a good interview posted on OUI following Shake's recent visit to OU. It includes several quotes that are worth reading for anyone who is a member over there. Nothing startling and most of it we already knew from his tweets, but James deserves some credit for making an effort to write-up a thorough basketball interview/article.

I'm not going to paste any excerpts but it does sound like the trip impressed Shake. Buddy was his host and he bonded with the other players. Headington Hall was a plus, and he obviously has a good relationship with coaches Crutchfield and Kruger. It's really all stuff you would expect to hear during post-visit euphoria.

One thing that another poster mentioned that is good friends with the Owasso radio announcer is Kruger has been going to Shake's HS games since his freshman year. That's a long-term pursuit.

I think the Sooners will get his commitment after his other 3 visits. He did mention he is coming back to visit for the Tennessee football game. That's a huge recruiting weekend for football recruiting, too..... most impressive list of recruit visits I can remember during the past several years. Hopefully, he gets swept up in the emotion of a big win and commits along with several football recruits.

Milton says the visit went "really well" and that he already had a good relationship with the coaches. The one thing I would note that wasn't mentioned previously is that he spoke highly of Larry Brown at SMU. He specifically mentioned his NBA experience. He had good things to say about the other coaches too but it was more typical.

I hope OU signs this kid.

From what I'm hearing its OU or IU. Smu has cooled its hot streak, mcquad decommitting, that other guy going overseas... Illinois seems odd.

Indiana is too far away.

Mom and little siblings will keep him closer. OU or SMU.

If I'm wrong it won't be the first time or the last time.

Indiana is too far away.

Mom and little siblings will keep him closer. OU or SMU.

If I'm wrong it won't be the first time or the last time.

That's how I see it, too.

I said on another thread that the opportunity to play close to home where his family (particularly his mother) and friends can watch every home game and a decent share of the away games, will be the deciding factor in the end.

Judging by some of the things Shake said in his interview with James Hale, his visit last weekend could not have been much better. I got the impression he already feels like he's part of the team. I think he will have to be blown away during one of his other visits to pick that school over OU.

Wishful thinking on my part? Perhaps. But I believe all of the signs point to a favorable outcome this time.

It won't be easy to overcome SMU. Larry Brown is a great coach and certainly knows how to play the secondary recruiting game and is willing to do it. OU will do it right and hopefully Shake will choose the Sooners!

Larry Brown will be 74 come September. I think it is difficult to project Larry coaching at 78 (Shake's junior year). I know if I were Shake I would have concerns about Brown being able to remain the coach for my entire college career.

If that truly is his final 4, I like our chances. Distance over IU and Illinois. And even though SMU has Brown, I would think OU would win out over that. It's not like LK doesn't have ties to the NBA, and hasn't produced NBA players as well.

Back