Some New Year's resolutions from an oldster-type Sooner

NMSooner'80

Reaction score
1. I resolve to keep working on those in OU's fan base who really have no clue how good OU basketball has been in the last 30 years overall.

2. I resolve to bring up the series record in Bedlam to any OU fan who says stupid things like, "It's okay if OSU has a better basketball tradition (because it's NOT okay, and it's false anyway)."

3. I resolve to try to educate any OU fan who thinks it's "good to root for the conference" when Kansas, OSU and Texas are involved. Screw them and anyone else who has rooted against us in the NCAA or in a big game.

4. Finally, I resolve to not stop hating KU-homer columnist Chuck Woodling for his hit-piece on Wayman Tisdale last May, a couple of days after Wayman's death. It was typical Jayhawk-type arrogance, and in bad taste. And, I take it extra-personally because I was so enraged about that jerk's tasteless column that I spent too much time e-mailing it around to people that Sunday. That, in turn, made me late in departing for a fishing trip, and I wound up in a wreck on I-40 that could have killed me had I not kept control of my car after being sideswiped. If that a-hole hadn't written that, I'd have been long past that spot where I was hit on an overpass.

I resolve to attend most every home game for the rest of this season.

Back