Some recruiting notes I've compiled this morning

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did a Google searching to try and find some new info and came across some interesting notes.

* Couldn't find any mention of OU being involved with Juco PG Josh Watkins in the latest mentions of him. An article from a Utah paper had him visiting there this weekend and also considering Cincinnati. Now, Watkins could pop up and visit Norman next weekend but right now nobody seems to be mentioning OU on his list.

* Another article from Utah also had the Utes now showing interest in Juco forward Nick Thompson. Thompson was scheduled to visit New Mexico this weekend.

* Also found an article that said that Jawanza Poland was going to visit Cincinnati, but no mention of OU.

* Majok Majok is apparently visiting Colorado this weekend, despite the fact Jeff Bzdelik left for Wake Forest. Apparently, assistant Steve McClain is sticking around hoping to take over and hosting Majok. FWIW, Majok has mentioned in a recent Rivals update that he liked Jeff Capel and OU's style of play.

* Rutgers guard Mike Rosario is transferring and I read one update that said OU was among the schools interested in him. He's going to be a hot transfer prospect so it will be a longshot anyway. Some think he's a Denis Clemente clone. Again, I wouldn't get my hopes up for Rosario, but here's some video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14bNUziizMg[/ame]

This is all I can come up with this point. Sorry we're not able to do a better job and develop better sources for info, but at this point it doesn't look like it's not going to happen. We have certainly tried.

If anyone has anything to add or anything to conflict with what I've posted above go for it.

Anybody know anything about Chris (CJ) Washington? I thought he was supposed to visit today?

Anybody know anything about Chris (CJ) Washington? I thought he was supposed to visit today?

I know DM had had a really good source tell him Washington was coming in this weekend, but no confirmation he's here yet.

i thought i heard rosario was going out west... pac 10... usc or one of the arizona schools... one of his high school teammates went out there... he was on that pbs special about st. anthony's..

I know DM had had a really good source tell him Washington was coming in this weekend, but no confirmation he's here yet.

Visited today. Liked it alot. Got to play with what players OU has left. OU is going to watch him play later this week.

i thought i heard rosario was going out west... pac 10... usc or one of the arizona schools... one of his high school teammates went out there... he was on that pbs special about st. anthony's..
Rutgers recently filed tampering charges against USC regarding Rosario, so I don't see them letting him go out there.

Back