Suns waive Taylor

seniorsooner

Reaction score
Phoenix Suns waive ex-Sooner Taylor Griffin

By Staff reports
Published: 7/26/2010 12:53 PM
Last Modified: 7/26/2010 12:55 PM

Former Oklahoma player Taylor Griffin was waived by the Phoenix Suns on Monday, the Arizona Republic reports.

Griffin was selected by Phoenix in the second round of the 2009 draft with the 48th overall pick. He played in eight games as a rookie last season, averaging four minutes per game and 1.3 points.

He started all five of the Suns' recent summer league games in Las Vegas, averaging 3.8 point per game and 20.6 minutes.

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...ectid=92&articleid=20100726_92_0_Former828566

Well, heck.

Perhaps another team will give him a shot, and if not, he'll surely get to play overseas, no?

I had a feeling this was coming. He didn't show enough progression to justify a roster spot. I would not be surprised if the Suns try to re-sign him to a D-League deal.

I bet if he doesn't get picked up by another team, he will return to OU and go to medical school. I'm pretty sure I seen an interview with him and that was a goal of his.

I bet if he doesn't get picked up by another team, he will return to OU and go to medical school. I'm pretty sure I seen an interview with him and that was a goal of his.

What ever he decides to do he will be successful at it, He is a Hard worker that won't lat anything deter him.

I had a feeling this was coming. He didn't show enough progression to justify a roster spot. I would not be surprised if the Suns try to re-sign him to a D-League deal.

Yep. He has to develop a consistent jumper and show the ability to take people off the bounce in order to stick with any team.... Good kid!!!! He will do well in whatever direction he goes from here.......

regardless, it isn't too bad to be his age with some thousands of dollars to his name and no debt. His options are endless if another nba team doesn't come knocking.

Taylor was the victim of playing at a small high school where his size forced him to be a post player. It didn't help when his skills limited him to playing that same position in college.

I guess you could also say that if he had worked harder in the off season while he was at OU to develop his handles and a touch from the perimeter, he would have stood a better chance of making the Sun's roster as a three. I still feel bad for the kid.

But, Taylor Griffin is a winner!!! Something tells me he will make all of us proud, no matter what he chooses to do in the future.

Very proud of Taylor. Not really worried what direction he decides to take because he will be very good at what he does. Still goes down as an NBA draftee for the University of Oklahoma. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!:clap

How many High Schools play their 6'7" players on the wing?:confused: Everybody usually gripes because coaches allow their bigs to shoot 3's all day instead of inside rebounding.

Back