Switzer and Capel

I agree they probably would IF that happened....but that team they threw out there on Saturday ain't going undefeated the rest of the year.
OU isn't a national championship caliber team this year. I think they will have 3-4 losses. I may be wrong but they ain't going undefeated from here on out.

You really have no way to know based on that single performance. We don't know if BYU is a really good team that played a great game or simply an aveage team. We also don't know what OU would have done without so many penalties. The Sooners will destroy their next opponent. That confidence could easily lead to an undefeated season. OU has better or equal talent to every team they play. I think it is way to early to determine whether this is a great team, a good team, an average team or a below average team. My guess is this is a pretty good team. Get the center back, get Gresham back, but Ellridge back as a tight end, with Gresham in the slot and you have a substantially better O-line.

Cheno, your Kansas is showing. Put on some pants.

The gridiron Sooners are certainly down, but not out by any means. I'm not going to go overboard and guarantee an undefeated run from here on out, but it's certainly not out of the question.

Forgive me for furthering the football infestation on this thread, but believe it or not, there are some die hard Sooner fans that are irrationally supportive of roundball and ovular spheriod ball equally.

My thoughts exactly. There is no reason that great ou basketball fans can't also love the football team. The point of this thread was to show how cool it was that Coach Capel and the King hang out. Coach Capel is a big fan of Coach Stoops and his program, and Coach Stoops and Coach Switzer are both fans of Coach Capel and his program. I think that is really cool.

Cheno, your Kansas is showing. Put on some pants.
The gridiron Sooners are certainly down, but not out by any means. I'm not going to go overboard and guarantee an undefeated run from here on out, but it's certainly not out of the question.

You really have no way to know based on that single performance.

I never have been nor ever will be a OU football fan. I can admit that.
I do know though that OU will lose at least one of these games that will knock them out of any possible NC hunt:
-at Miami, FL possibly without Sam Bradford
-Texas in Dallas
-at KU
-at Nebraska
-at Texas Tech
-OSU in Norman
-Big 12 championship game

After that performance on Saturday, I think my statement is a pretty easy call. If I'm wrong, I'll certainly be man enough to admit it but I ain't gonna be wrong.

Back