Team meet and greet

soonerpd

Reaction score
Went to the Fastbreak Club ice cream social event tonight to meet the team and hear coach Coale speak. She said Morgan had some health issues (knee related) throughout the year and was finally getting healthy. She said she could really shoot and score. She also said they thought Mandy was the best offensive rebounder in the country last year. Other players said Mandy could run the floor very well. They expect Shaina to add a lot with her quickness and passing. Of course, they are very high on Ana. Sounds like they expect a big contribution from all of the newcomers.

Sherri also mentioned they hosted a visitor last night. Other than playing games at her house with the team, nothing else.

I also talked a little bit with E.J. She said she spent most of her time off in the summer working out with ViVi in Florida.

Thanks for the report, I’ve heard one of the reason Morgan transferred from Uk was because they wouldn’t clear her to play because of her knee... I hope we get a chance to see how good she can be.

I think Mandy will have a nice impact on the team... if she can defend taller players and rebound vs them, she will allow OU to play fast and really get out and run.

Sherri asked Mandy what makes a good rebounder. Mandy answered, "pursue the ball every possession." It sounded like something they had obviously discussed before.

Sherri asked Mandy what makes a good rebounder. Mandy answered, "pursue the ball every possession." It sounded like something they had obviously discussed before.

I agree, that's why Gabby Williams and Nina Davis are undersized players who can rebound, they go get the ball... I really think Mandy could see a lot of minutes at the 5 this year, she will help change the team tempo and allow the sooners to play 5 out, with good floor spacing.

So good to have a player that truly loves to do the "dirty work" and wants to rebound and play tough down low. So looking forward to watching her play this year. Thanks for the report, appreciate it.

Back