Team workout video

Barry Honore looks like a big kid that can shoot it with range... He should be a walk-on that gets minutes.

Words cannot describe how fun that was to watch. If this team can play good defense, we've got a good shot at being a Sweet 16 type team.

these guys are as good as anyone at using technology and social networking. Is there another school that is proactive like this?

these guys are as good as anyone at using technology and social networking. Is there another school that is proactive like this?

Im not sure about other schools... but it sure is great to see/fun to watch this kind of coverage of the men's hoops program!

What can you tell from such a short, early session? Not much, but, if we play good defense, then it looks like the offense is there. And, we have enough guys from the bench to supply some firepower if the starters are cold.

What can you tell from such a short, early session? Not much, but, if we play good defense, then it looks like the offense is there. And, we have enough guys from the bench to supply some firepower if the starters are cold.

To me, it looks like most, if not all, the pieces are there.... I hope Capel and crew can figure out where/how to place them. I have a good feeling that they can do it!

Ryan Wright looked much better then he did last year. He will need to step it up this year

Ryan Wright looked much better then he did last year. He will need to step it up this year

It is way to early to make any valid conclusions, but what I have heard from people is given extended minutes Wright can be a very solid player. There is a reason UCLA offerred him and why he played for UCLA. Though, I didn't like the put your head down and go to the middle of the lane come hell or highwater. Or the unnecessary dribble before the shot over Orlando. But it is early.

In other news, I was a little surprised by two things. One, how we pushed the ball and took the quick shot. I know we are going to push it, but we took some nice open looks while the defense was adjusting. I like that. To often you see teams pass on a good shot early only to let the defense set and then be forced to shoot a contested shot later. Two, our post players seemed to be playing well considering what time of the year it is.

I love the access Capel is allowing to his team. To me, this shows a coach who is confident in what he's producing; it allows recruits to get an idea of what to expect from OU...Family! It also gets the fanbase introduced to the players before the season begins, something that I'm very appreciative of.

This level of access to a team is by far one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. I honestly can't think of a downside to doing this because it's not like other coaches won't know what to expect from OU anyway. Capel is showing that he doesn't care if an opponent gets insight into his program or not; Capel's Sooners will still win because of talent and hard work.

One thing is pretty clear: freshman point guard Tommy Mason-Griffin does not like to walk the ball up the court

:clap

The other side of the coin, McG78 is the lack of perimeter D. However I got the feeling that this was nearer to a MacD's game than otherwise. Maybe Coach C was turning them loose to get a feel for what each brings in his new combinations.

with Capel and Neal our staff can shoot the 3. hopefully, the team will too. :)

The other side of the coin, McG78 is the lack of perimeter D. However I got the feeling that this was nearer to a MacD's game than otherwise. Maybe Coach C was turning them loose to get a feel for what each brings in his new combinations.

I don't think Capel was turning them loose. If you watch the video of the game, three or four times you hear Capel blow the whistle, yell stop, or something similar and all the players turn. I think Capel was stopping the game throughout to provide instruction. More generally, with the limited amount of time we have for practice, I don't think there are many freelance scrimmages inside of practice.

I will agree that perimeter D was a problem in that people were retreating too deep and not picking up the ball high enough. This is probably a concept issue though (i.e., Capel is teaching them team D principles and they are taking it to the extreme).

Why is this link not working for me. I've even downloaded the video and it's still choppy.

Two things that stood out to me.

First and foremost I think Steven Pledger will see some decent time this season. Kid looks legit on offense and defense.

Second, Tiny is looking just that, looks like the big man is in the best shape I have seen him in.

Future is getting brighter and recruiting is rolling, go JC go!!!

Count me as a member of the Pledger fan club; the kid has game in spades.

I really like the attitude of the players, and you can just sense the chemistry when you see them interact. It is very much a family feel.

Count me as a member of the Pledger fan club; the kid has game in spades.

I really like the attitude of the players, and you can just sense the chemistry when you see them interact. It is very much a family feel.

Stephen Pledger didn't come to OU because it's a nice pretty school with good jerseys, he came to play. Davis, Willis, and Crocker better recognize.

3577712.jpeg

I didnt notice any plays involving Fitzgerald. Is he hurt or did I just not see him?

Back