Terrence Jones tidbit

Henzo

Reaction score
I chatted with Terrence Jones a couple days ago about his recruiting process and I thought it would be worth passing along.

The last time OUHoops.com spoke with Jones he made it seem as if the Washington visit may be his last. After speaking with a couple others sources I got the feeling that his recruiting process may end this week or next without anymore visits.

While I do know that possibility has been thrown around by people in his camp, Jones tells me he fully intends to take ALL of his visits. He'll have Kentucky mid-week next week, Oregon next weekend, and then UCLA the following weekend. He was much more certain of his visits this time than he seemed to be the previous time OUHoops.com talked to him, which leads me to believe he's yet to fully make up his mind.

We talked briefly about his visit to Washington and he seemed to enjoy it and really appreciates coach Romar. I did get the feeling the visit wasn't spectacular, but he did have a lot of good things to say about the Huskies head coach. I can tell he has the same type of admiration for Romar as he has for Capel. They seem to have a very good relationship, which is extremely important to Jones in the recruiting process.

In my opinion, even though he is taking his visits it still very much sounds like Oklahoma and Washington are the two front-runners for his commitment. Can it change? Certainly, but the Sooners are standing in good shape at this point in the process.

Jones still intends to make a decision in early November.

Thanks Zo.

Man, I was hoping for an early resolution, but I guess we will have to sweat it out until the early signing deadline.

Come on T Jones! You know you want to commit! haha ;)

It wouldn't surprise me if this went to the Spring.
Just like Doron Lamb. Lots of stuff to play out.

It would be interesting to see how fatigue may play into a decision. If he's going to make two trips this week, I can see him gettin tired of traveling and just cut it short if he has a good idea.

It would be interesting to see how fatigue may play into a decision. If he's going to make two trips this week, I can see him gettin tired of traveling and just cut it short if he has a good idea.

I hope so.

I really, really, really hope so.

Still, whether we get him or not I hope we are looking at some more bigs.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildaboutazcats/2009/10/25/odom-decommits-from-arizona/

According to Josh Gershon of GOAZCATS.com, potential UA recruit Rod Odom, of Concord (Mass.) Middlesex, has de-committed from Arizona and will likely wind up at Vanderbilt. In a message sent to me Sunday night, Portland (Ore.) Jefferson forward Terrence Jones said the UA coaches “did not call me” in the aftermath of the Odom development.

With Jones and Odom likely out of the picture, it appears that Mouth of Wilson (Va.) Oak Hill Academy player Doron Lamb, who can play the point, shooting guard and on the wing, will continue to be a viable target of the Wildcat coaching staff. Calvin Lamb, Doron’s father, said, “He’s always had Arizona on his list because of Coach (Sean) Miller and Coach (Book) Richardson. That’s never changed.”

Odom has indicated to those close to him that he never felt comfortable with his decision because he did not like the idea of leaving close to home. He originally is from New York City. Attempts to reach him Sunday night were unsuccessful.

He indicated on his Facebook page: “Just made one of the hardest calls I ever had to make, but it’s what’s best for my family, and what’s best for me … feels like the weight of the world is off of his shoulders.”

The commitments of Odom and Phoenix North shooting guard Daniel Bejarano theoretically filled the potential scholarship spots open for the 2010-11 season. The UA now has at least one scholarship to fill.

The UA is directing most of its efforts at Dayton (Ohio) Jefferson center Adreian Payne and Detroit Country Day School point guard Ray McCallum and potentially Lamb to go with Bejarano. McCallum visits the UA campus this weekend.

I'm sure TJones just randomly messaged a UA beat writer.

Back