Texas is going to kick us

Yeah, I don't see this team matching up with Texas at all. Just not a good matchup.

That's different from what you were saying at first. Glad to see this Texas team changed your mind. I guess you no longer believe Tiny will give it to Pittman either.

OU could beat UT as long as they don't get into a track meet with them like UNC did. To beat UT you need to make it a half court game, don't turn the ball over, and make them hit jump shots to beat you. I don't think that's impossible for OU, it will be difficult, but not impossible by any means.

Exactly, play defense and make Texas play basketball rather than look pretty as that simply out athlete you. Texas has some talent and a lot of athletes but they are not a great basketball team yet. (That doesn't mean they can't become a great basketball team, I just think they have a ways to go.)

It always amazes me to see OU fans concede games to anyone but to Texas is just freaking pathetic. Have some pride.

OU could beat UT as long as they don't get into a track meet with them like UNC did. To beat UT you need to make it a half court game, don't turn the ball over, and make them hit jump shots to beat you. I don't think that's impossible for OU, it will be difficult, but not impossible by any means.

The egos at UNC prevented them from running a game plan which would have better suited them than the one in which they elected to use.

I agree with DenverSooner and grace24 that the way to "potentially" beat Texas is to make them hit jump shots. They have a team full of streaky shooters but in many ways they are like Kentucky. If you play man to man or get into a track meet with them, they are going to be hard to beat.

I don't understand why Roy Williams didn't play zone against them. I think that was a bad tactical mistake. Pittman and James just destroyed UNC on the boards in the man to man- 17 offensive rebounds between the two of them. Roy probably doesn't face superior strength and athleticism ever so he stubbornly sticks with man to man even though a little forethought should have led him to play zone as the best chance to beat UT.

You also need to get in J'Covan Brown's head because he is the type where the rails can come off quick if you can get in his head. He's got an extremely quick fuse and just needs the right ingredients of stress to set it off.

OU will beat Texas at home and lose by 20 in Austin.

Young teams play up and down to their competition. Don't expect many blow outs but we will get our fair share of W's.

I don't know who they will or won't beat on their schedule, but I do know if they are playing like they are now they won't win many conference games.

First, I haven't seen anything about OU that makes me think they can control the tempo. Second, the biggest way you control the tempo is to get stops. We don't defend well in the halfcourt. As for making them shoot jumpers, first, can we keep them out of the paint? Second, their inside game is much better than ours. In a slow game, that becomes a bigger factor, as does rebounding.

Not a good matchup at all. Anything can happen. We could beat them in Austin if we play a great game. I'm just not expecting it. I don't think we've played well enough in a single game this year to beat UT.

OU will be lucky to go 8-8 in conference. Texas has a great team. We knew the conference would be Texas everything one day when the BIG 12 came together years ago. I think that time has arrived.

Say what you will, but I think OU is fully capable of beating Texas at home. We don't have the depth that Texas has, but if we are shooting good, we can beat them. I'm tired of this Dexter Pittman is god BS. The dude is still a fatass in a skinny body. And his smile makes me die inside.

I agree with DenverSooner and grace24 that the way to "potentially" beat Texas is to make them hit jump shots. They have a team full of streaky shooters but in many ways they are like Kentucky. If you play man to man or get into a track meet with them, they are going to be hard to beat.

I don't understand why Roy Williams didn't play zone against them. I think that was a bad tactical mistake. Pittman and James just destroyed UNC on the boards in the man to man- 17 offensive rebounds between the two of them. Roy probably doesn't face superior strength and athleticism ever so he stubbornly sticks with man to man even though a little forethought should have led him to play zone as the best chance to beat UT.

You also need to get in J'Covan Brown's head because he is the type where the rails can come off quick if you can get in his head. He's got an extremely quick fuse and just needs the right ingredients of stress to set it off.

If I'm having trouble on the boards, my first inclination wouldn't be to go to a zone...could of been worth a shot though.

Take the J'Covan Brown statement and apply it to Willie Warren...same scenario.

I do agree, you have to make Texas shoot jumpers in order to gain the upper hand, definitely their achilles heel. The KU-UT game is going to be a battle, really looking forward to it. UT has got a tough game coming up against a physical Michigan State team, will be interesting to see how they stack up with an opponent that has some girth underneath.

I am not writing OU off at all, they COULD beat UT, it is entirely possible. However, how many people on here are going to go to Vegas and throw money on that match-up? We just don't stack up well from a personnel standpoint, and that is all we have to go on right now when comparing the two squads.

Say what you will, but I think OU is fully capable of beating Texas at home. We don't have the depth that Texas has, but if we are shooting good, we can beat them. I'm tired of this Dexter Pittman is god BS. The dude is still a fatass in a skinny body. And his smile makes me die inside.

I am no Texas fan but I personally respect what Dexter Pittman has done. He has worked extremely hard. Even if he is overrated, he has still turned himself into a guy that can start at center for most D-1 teams. In my book that is a big deal and something that should be admired. Quite frankly, I admire the guy that worked hard and became something even more than the guy that is just physically blessed.

OU fans bashing Dexter Pittman is a joke...dude has transformed his body and is a legitimate all-conference player. I know of a recent OU women's bball player who could of followed that example.

Yes, Texas is much better. Personally, I think several teams in the conference are going to kick us. I won't be bothered if that happens, but I think is what will happen.

i think i've seen texas play once this year.
but i did just see us beat n. colorado by ONE at home.
we're going to have to get much better and fast.
or we likely will lose both to texas.

Huh? Same ole ben.

So is it possible to be a skinny a$$ in a fat body, just wondering if that could be flipped. And nobody ever called him God, what's that about. And does his smile make you die inside, as in it makes you feel good inside. Oh yeah, and Dexter Pittman is good, no BS needed. It's BSing yourself to think otherwise ben.

Last edited:
Back